Blocked milk ducts

annem

Reaction score
hi :wave: my boobs are so sore today. The MW just been and said i have blocked ducts and to massage them whilst feeding.

Any other good tips and how long will it take to clear them?

thanks

How old is your LO? I take it you have just given birth?

I think that this is excellent advice but we can probably give more support if you let us know what stage roughly you are at... (has your milk come in etc).

Valentine Xxx

try a warm flannel on your breast too.. before you feed massage your breast down towards your nip.. and while your feeding put a warm flannel on.. its a bit hard to massage and feed at the same time.. so when you take bubs off to wind let your hubby wind and you massage your breasts.. remember to try and feed for as long as possible off the one breast.. and if babys is feeding for over 20-30 mins to swap breasts xx

valentine said:
How old is your LO? I take it you have just given birth?

I think that this is excellent advice but we can probably give more support if you let us know what stage roughly you are at... (has your milk come in etc).

Valentine Xxx

yeah, she is 5days old. My milk came in on day 3. She is feeding well and only lost 3oz but my breasts are really hot and i have quite a few lumps and they feel really hard xx

lisa&alex said:
try a warm flannel on your breast too.. before you feed massage your breast down towards your nip.. and while your feeding put a warm flannel on.. its a bit hard to massage and feed at the same time.. so when you take bubs off to wind let your hubby wind and you massage your breasts.. remember to try and feed for as long as possible off the one breast.. and if babys is feeding for over 20-30 mins to swap breasts xx

thank you, i will give this all a try xx

my boobs were sore to start with too.....it gets better once your body gets to know how much milk to make. i done the same as has already been discussed and just let him feed when he wanted (which was all the time!). It will get better xx

This will definitely settle down hon - sounds like some brilliant advice above.

If you are still having probs, ask your midwife or HV for some more support too or try calling the NCT breastfeeding support phone line.
Good luck and congratulations!

Valentine Xxx

Thanks everyone, they are feeling much better this morning! xx

Hi

I am glad they are feeling better , iknow how painful that is!! i ended up getting mastitis and i agree it is evil , hope it clears up fast for you
Katrina

are you managing to express to? i felt a lump in my boob last night and massaged that for ages.. then expressed and it pulled it though.. it wasnt lumpy stuff or nething but guess it would have bn if i hadnt have expressed it.. good luck hun.. the 1st week is the hardest!

Your tips have really helped lisa, only the odd lump i can feel now and again. THANKS!!!! I've not expressed yet. Should i give it a try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back