• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blocked milk duct?

Sarah13

Reaction score
One of my boobs has got really painful (more than normal!) on one side of my boob, it's quite hard and lumpy too and tender to touch. Do you think I might have a blocked milk duct? Is there anything I can do to help it? Ive been feeling a bit under the weather last night and today as well, I had mastitis with my last baby and know it's not that but I worried it could develop into that if I don't sort it now.

Hey hun I've just been to hv this morning and mentioned that I had the same symptoms...she said to massage it with hot and cold flannels whilst in the bath and also that putting savoy cabbage leafs on my boob (?!? Yes really lol)

HTH xx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

I was told the compresses when i had paige i developed masstitis and had to take antibiotics. Are you breastfeeding as my mw also said to try to get baby to unblock it. Try massaging as well x

Thanks, I'll try the compresses tonight then. I'm breast feeding so maybe that will help too, would expressing more help? Smith - I tried the cabbage leaves when my milk came in when I had my daughter, it's quite funny but was cooling!

Yes try to express from the blocked side too as that should help unblock it. Im dreading all this when my LO arrives as i have overproductive milk glands which easily block. Joys of having kids eh lol xx

A few days ago I didn't feel like I had enough milk now I think I have loads! Starting to feel a bit like a cow lol!

Lol! Bless you, im sure they will sort themselves out soon enough x

i found that it was because Jaspers latch didnt get some of the milk ducts (if you see what i mean) so i had to swap the side that came at the boob from (so rugby ball style under the arm) to get it unblocked, once he had unblocked it a bit it just kept coming so i got in a warm bath, got a warm flannel on the boob, warmed the milk up and then massaged down over the lump and it all just came out

Hadn't thought of the latch, could well be that as I'm getting a bit uncomfortable feeding now he's getting heavier esp on night feeds when I'm half asleep.

just every now and again latch him on at a different angle, worked a treat for me :) as did using Tommee Tippee bottles actually, they improved his latch because we could twist them and flange his lips

we only used them once or twice a week but they did help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back