Bless my OH

setdse

Reaction score
Dylan has really started kicking in the last couple of days and wow! Im sitting here now watching children in need and he is kicking away. I tap my OH and tell him to be quite and put his hand on my belly. and guess what.... He stops! :wall2: OH is getting quite moody now as he isnt getting a chance to feel and as soon as he rolled over and gave up he started kicking me again! :) Feel kinda sorry for him.

Anyone else's bumps hiding from daddy??

same here hun, every time daddy comes near bean stops (except for a couple of times). but my OH sees when bean is moving and poking me . he loves it !

This happens all the time with us, buy I have noticed that it's down to me! What do I mean? Well, when I want hubby to feel, without knowing it I am tensing and applying more pressure than when my hand is on my stomach etc. Plus I go quiet and probably hold my breath a little. I become expectant and then anxious for hubby to be able to feel and worried that he is bored of waiting.... Am sure baby senses this which makes her still.

So what I would sugest is, if you feel kicks causually ouch up ohs hand and place it on stomach. Stay relaxed and don't stop talking or anything, act the same, and then tour OH will feel the kicks too. Have food this works. Tell your OH not to be too expectant and just relax, be patient and wait and see. May take 5 mins, buy when he is distracted by the Tv he will feel the first kick no doubt and then turn to you and say "was that a kick?!" lol

Loooooool my OH gave up trying to get a kick from Elijah loool
Now, he doesnt fuss. Just rubs my bump like it's a game of Russian roulette. Looool

Had this alot yes - baby is kicking away quite happily and then stops for daddy - even in the bath i see my bump jumping shout daddy to come see and he/she stops - i think they are secretly in there laughing at their mummys !!!!!!!!!!

I've had this a lot too and my oh started to get a bit grumpy and restless. He'd only put his hand on for a minute then give up. I think it's coz his hand is so big and warm that it soothes the baby. So I've tried saying to him put your hand on my belly at bed time to settle her rather than to feel her so if he feels her it's a bonus and if he doesn't then he wasn't expecting to. He's seen her more than feel her kicking. Poor daddys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back