Bitty man

knopk@

Reaction score
I dont know if i am the only one but A still uses me as a dummy, he wants to drink from the breast quite often still. If i am next to him, he will most certainly want it.
I know its comfort for him but its really getting hard, he cant self settle and works himself up in a right state if he doesnt get what he wants +i e breast

I am dreading him still wanting it at 3 or 4, i just dont want to bf that long.

DH works a lot and can be late so i cant rely on him to help with settling in the evening.
He wont take a dummy or suck a thumb

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Just keep perservering with the dummy chick honestly he will take it over time harry was the same constantly wants bf but he was making himself sick from drinking all the extra milk! It does get better hun if not try dipping his dummy in some gripe water works a treat for when harrys nearly asleep but pulls off and wakes himself up!

He is 9,5 months and i first tried dummy when he was 2 weeks, he spits them out. I just need him to self settle

I know the feeling about a dummy as Tyler won't take one either and I kept being told to give him one which he obviously won't take. I don't really have any advice tho :hugs:

Vince doesn't have a dummy, but he only uses me as one at night, otherwise he feeds quite efficiently.

I don't intend to give him a dummy though, I can deal with him attached to me at night. If he were doing it throughout the day, it would be an entirely different matter though!

We're in the same position and i don't know what to do either. I've tried dummy again last week as I was getting a bit desperate he went mad at me. Hope someone has some suggestions!

This is a bit of a random shot in the dark, and you might have already tried, but as your LOs are older and weaning would costing the dummy in something the might like to suck off, help them get used one?? Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Sarah, i have tried again too and he screamed.
l_maclean, I dont think coating it in something sweet is good for teeth. I guess i could try for day time naps.

I dont give him.juice either cause it causes tooth decay

how about a bit of teething gel on the dummy? Cud be enough to calm him long enough to try the dummy?? Other than that no ideas as my little guy has always loved his dummy!!
xxx

I only gave him teething gel once, and he didnt like it!

I managed to get him to sleep in his own cot for a bit last night but that was because i tired him out. Went to the cot just before 7, fell asleep after 8 pm

teething gel only works sometimes, there are lots of naturally tasty things you could dip it in tho without sugar, and there is sugar free juice too

Wonder if we tried dipping the dummy in breast milk? Not tried it but think I will once Im home, at my mums this week and don't have any dummys to try!

I tried putting milk on it, doesnt work for us

Sarah, i have tried again too and he screamed.
l_maclean, I dont think coating it in something sweet is good for teeth. I guess i could try for day time naps.

I dont give him.juice either cause it causes tooth decay

I didn't necessarily mean something sweet. Although if It was during the day what about something like yogurt. Or if you preferred savoury a dip like thing (sorry dunno if your TW or BLW). Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back