Balls

Sleepy sue

Reaction score
Well my birthing ball has come :) now what do you do on it? I'm sitting on it and swaying and bouncing which in all honesty is fun and very comfortable but is there set exercises?

I was told in my antenatal that it helps baby become head down and also helps prevent back to back xx

I kinda bounce, rotate one way, rotate the other and roll forward and back. Also, I kneel behind it with my arms over on top and rock forward and back, and swayside to side. Hope this makes sense? Lol.xx

I just sit on it with my legs apart and bounce! I don't even realise I'm doing it half the time, it just seems to come natural now! Helps loads when I'm sat on the sofa and can't get my arse comfy!

When my legs get a bit tired, I just roll in a circle on it and backwards and forwards.

Oh and when I'm not doing this, OH uses it as a foot rest! :mad:

Last edited:
Not sure as haven't got mine yet (whoops!) but the name of this thread made me giggle a lot!

lol @verity. glad im not the only one. the midwife at antenatal class told us, you can sit on it and rotate your hips - like a hula hoop - or in a figure of 8. Some people bounce on them, or you can kneel behind in and rest on it - like an all 4 fours type positiion. She said those are the main ones. xxx

Was just going to post about this!! Ha ha!! My OH blew mine up yesterday but quite frankly I'm terrified it's going to explode under my huge weight so am only sitting on it very gently at the moment!! lol

Helly- which one did you get, it should be anti burst so it shouldn't just go pop!!!
Rachel- yup my DH has found the advantages of the footstool to lol
Thanks all I think I know what I've got to do now :)

I do keep having this urge to duct tape sone ears on it though so I can use it as a giant space hopper lol x x

Was just going to post about this!! Ha ha!! My OH blew mine up yesterday but quite frankly I'm terrified it's going to explode under my huge weight so am only sitting on it very gently at the moment!! lol

I'm actually more terrified that the dog is gonna jump on it and pop it when I am least prepared and I fall flat on my arse!!!!! lol

I just sit on mine and rock back and forth and rotate my hips with my elbows on OHs knees (I make him spread his legs so I can sit between them lol). I personally find it painful to bounce with the spd but really enjoy the rocking right up till my son looks at me and goes "doing your mad rocking woman impression again then mum? You forgot your padded cell!" lol

i kinda bounce and rotate on mine. And when not using it for the correct purposes either me or hubby use it as a footrest as its very comfy lol

I have an adult spacehopper which I might try before paying out for a ball lol xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back