Birthing Balls

Yes hun i used my reebok one,they do the same job and i must say it was fab :D xx

Yeah. I got mine from Boots & well worth the money.

I got mine from argos, only about £3!!! xxx

lol when my midwife came in with one I didnt know what they hell to do with it, I said some horrible things to her :oops:

Ive heard some good things about them, should have given it a go

i didnt have one so used my space hopper :oops: worked almost as well but not as firm.

used a proper one when i was in labour but was only allowed off the bed for about half hour as i was hooked up to monitors as alex had pooed when my waters broke. helped though so would recommend it!

xxx

bought mine at TKMax!
And I spent the first 6cm of dilation at home sitting on it, and typing on this forum Lol! :lol:

So, yes, I found it quite good as well! :wink:

Mel xx

I bought a gym ball when I was pg...never got to use it though as I had to be induced. Ah well.

Lydia likes it anyway lol:

000_0278.jpg

i've got a gym ball but haven't filled it with air yet.. think it comes with a pump... but my question is????? wot do you do with it? i guess you sit on it but wont you just roll off or loose your balance?

might give mine a go.. if i knew what to do with it.

x

At the first antenatal clinic that I went to, the Midwife highly recommended just using them to sit on from week 34 onwards. I sat on mine last night while doing the ironing and I did definitely found it more comfortable than using a chair for ironing and my back didn't hurt anywhere near as much. Tempted to bring it in to work with me and use it at my desk rather than my chair.

Ours came from Argos for £3.99 - and didn't come with a pump. My OH used our bike pump (its a floor standing one, not a hand held) to pump it up. Took quite a while!

I have used them in the gym quite a bit for different sorts of exercises in the past. I don't quite know how you are supposed to use them once in labour though???

Hi birthing balls are great for labour,

I used one from through out my contractions untill I was 10cm

I sat on mine and lent over the bed with a cusion whilst rocking to and throw through contractions it was great really minimised the pain I didnt have any pain relif because of this.

Definitly worth trying through your labour

Sarah

Em78 said:
i didnt have one so used my space hopper :oops: worked almost as well but not as firm.

used a proper one when i was in labour but was only allowed off the bed for about half hour as i was hooked up to monitors as alex had pooed when my waters broke. helped though so would recommend it!

xxx

LOL :lol: :lol: can just picture you now bouncing around the room 9months gone !

My midwife mentioned one yesterday to help with my bag, but I have the same question as Hayley...

Wouldn't you fall off it??!!! :shock: :lol:

noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
u keep your feet on the floor! you can even balance yourslef from left to right, really good for the back!Afeter Maheen was born, I even rocked her like this to sleep! she used to love it! I would also bounce with her! a real treat! :wink:
Mel xx

my sister slags me whenever she sees a birthing ball!! i was on 1 wen i was in hosp with my hand on the bed keeping me upright bouncing with the gas and air in the other hand, she thot it was hilarious and always goes on about it :oops: :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back