Birthday Party!

SoonToBeMrs

Reaction score
I am helping a friend out with her sons 7th birthday party.. she wants me to come up with some ideas for some games they can play..

..I desperately need some ideas. I am going to Toy R Us tonight to buy his birthday present, thought I'd probably pick up a few cheapy toys and cheapy wrapping paper for pass the parcel.. but what else is there?? The party is tomorrow afternoon..! Argh!

Pin the tail on the donkey
Sleeping lions

Ummmm

Treasure hunt (with sweets and cheap little games like those jigsaws and things that make annoying noises :lol:)
Musical bumps (when the music goes off, the person last sitting down is out)
Musical chairs
Musical statues
Pass the parcel (but use news paper, don't spend money on wrapping paper)
Talent show (something like a mock pop idol or x factor)

Will update if I think of any more!

There's also a really cool game my mum did once. You blindfold one of the kids and put 10 glasses around them when their eyes are open, when they have the blindfold on, take all the glasses away and they have to try and get out of the circle of glasses without knocking any over for an ultimate prize.
But it's fun for all the other kids because you've taken the glasses away and when they take a step you clink two glasses together and they think they've knocked it, it's really quite funny to watch! :rotfl:

Oooh obstacle course!

We used to love the game where you all sit in a circle and in the middle is a plate with a block of chocolate (still in wrapping), a knife and fork and 2 or 3 pieces of clothing eg: hat, coat, scarf. The kids take it in turn to roll 2 dice and when a child gets a double they go to the centre and put the clothes on and have to try to get into and eat as much chocolate (using the knife and fork) before someone else rolls a double and takes over. A fast and furious game bound to end in someone feeling sick and someone else crying coz they didn't get any chocolate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back