Birth Story!!

hayley_17

Reaction score
Hey everyone... :D

Well went into hospital on sunday night, watched the world cup final on my own... was ok though... had a decent nights sleep :D

On monday morning the midwife came to see me at 6:30- i wasnt so happy then lol went to the ward where i had to have liquid stuff to empty my bowels (was NOT very nice!! :lol: ), got a drip put in, given my gown and sexy stockings :D had to have a ctg for 30 mins... was getting very nervous and just wanted it to be over.

then everything happened so fast... got taken to the theatre... more drips put in... then came the time for my epidural. they told me to try and make my knees touch my nose! it was so hard to do, his head was right in my ribs so it was difficult anyway. the epidural hurt me alot, they couldnt find the right place to put it in so it took longer than expected. my legs started to tingle and feel funny... i could see them moving my legs but couldnt feel it... was very strange!! they put the cover up so i couldnt see and i started shaking uncontrollably, was really weird, i wasnt cold, just nervous i think... the anetheatist kept giving me something that made me very tired. then i was sick and felt like i was going to pass out. was really weird, everything went quieter and i started getting dizzy and light headed... must have just been a faze because i came out of it :D

they started but i didnt realise, i felt them tugging at me and my mum said they are pulling him out now!! i couldnt believe it. but because he was high up in my ribs they couldnt get him out. it took them alot longer than it should... it took 4 people pressing down on my ribs to get him out. when they did he wasnt breathing and i just seen someone carrying a baby in a towel to another room and i burst into tears. it was awful i thought there was something wrong but he was ok... he was screaming in a couple of seconds but it felt like hours!! they carried on stiching me up and brought him to me, i called him owen andrew jackson :D one side of his head was swollen but he looked perfect :D was sooo happy :D he weighed a very healthy 9lb... :D and was 55cm long :D

i had to go into recovery for 1 1/2 hours untill i came round a little... when i got up to the ward they put him beside me in the bed and he snuggled right into me :D was the happiest moment of my life :D i love him so much... hes just perfect :D i did breastfeed for a couple of days but it just put too much strain on my body... i was in pain from having the op and he was feeding every hour or so, so i just decided to swap to bottle. im glad i managed a couple of days doing it, wish i could have done it longer though... :?

i came home on thursday, which is quite early but i couldnt stay any longer. i had a german girl in the room with me and she snored soooo loud and i just didnt manage to get any sleep. my scar is healing very well, it looks great :D owen is brilliant, the perfect baby :D he wakes 4 hourly for feeds, has a feed, gets his wind up, has a nappy change and goes back to sleep!! he has his waking time between 10 and 12... but i dont mind about that!! no doubt his sleeping will change but for now im a very happy mummy!! :D :D

thanks to everyone who said good luck etc... i couldnt wait to get back on here!! will post piccies as soon as my comp stops playing up! :D

soz its so long!! hope everyone is ok... love to you all... hayley & owen xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

aww huni!!! what a time you had of it, glad you were both ok in the end though ;)

huge hugs and congratulations :hug:

Congrats you, what an experience you had!! You were very brave and should be very proud of yourself

Enjoy your little man-welcome to the world Owen!!

Cant wait to see piccies xxxxx

congratulations again hayley.
9 lb :shock: blimey!!!
well done & enjoy your new baby.xx

what a story congrats when do we get some piccies! im dying to see him well done :clap:

so happy for you.. you sound very very happy... piccies please.

x

congratulation cant wait to c pics :D
luv braiana ps theres lots of smiles in that birth story lol it must have been gd

well done hayley, i am really happy you recovered so quickly!! when i was in hospital there was some women in my ward that had c sections and they seemed so helpless!!! WELL DONE SWEETY! xxxxx

congrats hunni xxxx welcome to the world little Owen :D

Thanks everyone :D im loving being a mummy... am going to try and upload piccies now :D :D

yeh keely alot of people who had cesereans looked in a lot of pain but i was ok :think: i was out of bed on monday... some people took days to be able to get out!

xxxx

Congratulations!! :dance: Glad you are healing well from the section, sounds like you are doing great! :D

Thanks everyone... :D

so happy and loving being a mummy :dance: Owen is just a great baby and fingers crossed it will last :pray: lol

xxx

hi

glad to finally hear your birth story
i remember when they told me i had to have a section and went to do my epidural i freaked and had like 5 nurses pinning me down so i couldnt move.
Its such a odd feeling i didnt like it at all.
xxx Katrina

Hi Hayley

Im so happy that Owen is here, safe & sound. Hoping your are healing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back