birth plan

Robyn_

Reaction score
i know this sounds stupid but when did you all start doing your birth plan cos ive been doing some of mine today is it too soon at 15 weeks?

i think its cos i got nothing else to do till the 20 week scan :?

ive kinda got mine im my head but not really started to write it down. feel i should talk it thru with OH but i think he'll say its completely up to me

never had them for either of mine think its better to go with the flow

i dont want it ALL planned out, thats the things, i want thing to go attheir own pace, but theres just a few things i want to make sure that i know whats going on..

i've started mine at 35 weeks still not done ...I think most of what I wanted i've known from very early on but some things have had to change as a result of medical complications.

i spent ages doing one and then on the day i forgot it, :rotfl: didnt matter tho as i just told or shouted at her at wot i wanted

My birth plan went totally out the window. I wrote an essay but to be honest on your first I think it is just better to see what happens. I for example put that I didn't want diamorphine(pethidine) but when I was in pain I was begging for it. I also said that I wanted to see the sex of the baby first but I was so tired and high on drugs that that didn't happen either. My midwife said that if you want to write one then make it basic and the main things the midwives want to know are if you want the injection afterwards to help the placenta come out, if you want the baby put straight on to you for skin to skin contact and if you are breastfeeding and if you want the baby to have the injection to help their blood clot.

I would say its wise to talk to your birth partner about what you want, and writing it down helps the MW if you are unable to express what you want, obviously there's no 'plan', but having one won't do any harm :)

i never done one with any of mine i just went with the flow lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back