what was your Birth plan and what to pack in hospital bag

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
I have not thought much about either till now, though ive still got a while to go.
But id like an over view of what is good to have on a birth plan and what to take to the hospital for myself and the baby.
What did you plan and take ????

I dont understand the whole birthplan thing. There are a few things I want like the cord not being cut straight away and for my OH to do it. Would this stuff go into the birth plan?

There should be a section in your green notes too to write it all down, but yeah that one has the right sort of questions on. Also think about pain relief options and anything special like a home or water birth x

I just found that. Cant believe I didnt see it before. I really dont want foreps unless they are truly needed. How much do they listen to your wishes?

Mine was spot on, but others say their plan is ignored. I think if anything it's good to write it down to make sure you and your OH have a rough idea what you want so the questions don't surprise you when you get there. Make sure your birthing partner/OH has a copy or knows your wishes as they'll be more likely to be able to hold a serious conversation than you if you are in labour!!

I'm not going to be writing a birth plan as such - just going to use my maternity notes as there is a section for birth stuff.

Reagarding the what to pack in your labour bag - there are hundreds of posts on this (most in 3rd Tri I think) so do a search on the forum ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back