• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bike racks?

Urchin

Reaction score
hello :wave:

Since Mason got his new bike its a right pain to get in and out of the car, I was thinking of getting a bike rack. I've just got in from the park and the wheels were filthy and I'm sure he went through some dog poo... the time has come to get a rack I think :puke:

I know its a long shot but does anyone know anything about them? Are there different kinds?
I looked on the Halfords site and all it had was 4 different kits priced at £3.50 each so clearly not what I'm after.
Does it have to stay on the car or can I only put it on when I want the bike on?

Hello!!!! I used to sell them when I was still working (was an accessories buyer at a caravan and camping store!)

Used to use the ones you can attach and take off as and when. It was a bit of a faff on one of my cars, a big sloping hatchback but was more easily fitted on straight backed cars like estates and people carriers.

Just the metal frame and attachments with 2 poles sticking out away from the car and could put a few bikes over them. Well secured with straps so bikes were fine.

The back of my car is flat so hopefully will be easier. I don't mind if it stays on as long as I can easily get stuff out of the boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back