• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Biggest wait of my life.....

glitzyglamgirl

Reaction score
Im due on any day now, and then I have to ring the clinic to book in my laparoscopy. So that could be any time in the next 2 weeks.

Im sooooo nervous!

Not about the procedure - but what happens afterwards.

If everything is ok (fingers crossed) I then officially have unexplained infertility and go on the waiting list for IVF. Of which we only get one shot as we cant afford to pay for anymore than the one NHS go. Actually im not sure if I should be hoping for that, maybe it would be better if something is wrong that they can simply fix and make me fertile again.

Also, I cant have chlomid due to my medical history.

The next couple of years are going to be very very hard, a lot of waiting and hoping, and it all starts in a couple of weeks :shock:

Just needed to rant :cry:

awww hunni....

You really have to be positive esp before this IVF and be in a very good place mentally.

We are on the IVF waiting list but luckily for us where I am we get 3 shots on the NHS. I really feel for people who dont get any free ivf. We got told the waiting list in our area is approx 2.5-3years.

You have to be positive though. As hard as it seems with 1 chance you really need everything going for you.

PS dont worry about your laparoscopy, its not as bad as what it sounds.

Thanks hun :hug:

I think im just worried that if I dont get pregnant naturally while waiting, and the IVF doesnt work, then we will have to give up. It would be around 4-5 years TTC then and thats more than enough monthly disapointment for us. Plus we have always said we will stop trying if it doesnt happen before OH turns 40, which he would be by then. (not for any reason other than mentally having to have a cut-off point)

Am I over analysing things lol??

just wanted to say good luck and i have my fingers crossed for you.

glitzyglamgirl said:
Thanks hun :hug:

I think im just worried that if I dont get pregnant naturally while waiting, and the IVF doesnt work, then we will have to give up. It would be around 4-5 years TTC then and thats more than enough monthly disapointment for us. Plus we have always said we will stop trying if it doesnt happen before OH turns 40, which he would be by then. (not for any reason other than mentally having to have a cut-off point)

Am I over analysing things lol??

Dont you think maybe putting an age on it is putting pressure on you but you dont realise it? You seem under pressure already with all your date/year speaking.

I put myself under pressure by constantly giving myself personal targets to get pregnant by. Sometimes you just dont realise your under pressure.

Fingers crossed it does happen for you, I guess mentally to keep sane you do have to wonder what if..... but what if it doesnt happen do you have a back up plan? will it be so bad if it doesnt happen? is there any other routes you may consider? eg fostering adoption.

I think really for the moment is trying to keep your mind focused and be positive!!!!! ONe thing i never realised when i got all my leaflets through for IVF is how much your health matters.... eg Weight, Mind, Physically body, and being positive.

GGG how old are you?

:hug: :hug:
i really respect you girls who have been ttc for a long time, i dont know how you do it i have been officially ttc since august and im already getting stressed out over it, ggg i really hope you get a bfp soon, i think its shocking that you only get one shot of ivf through the nhs :x

Very best wishes glitzyglamgirl :hug:
StarHugs.gif

Oh babe, try not to worry too much. You free for a chat at the weekend?

A huge big hug to you xxxxx :hug:

well....AF hasnt shown up yet, and im on day 38 now :think:

My periods have always been irregular between 28 and 40 days or so, but have been bang on 32 days for the last 6 months - so could just be a blip, if nothing by monday I'll test. What perfect timing that would be :lol:

Awwww hun I hope she doesn't show and you get your BFP. You really deserve it babe :hug: :hug: :hug:

and remember , i fell pregnant exactly 4 weeks after surgery on the first go we were allowed to bd ! i still had an open hole lol [/quote]

lainey said:
awww hunni....

You really have to be positive esp before this IVF and be in a very good place mentally.

We are on the IVF waiting list but luckily for us where I am we get 3 shots on the NHS. I really feel for people who dont get any free ivf. We got told the waiting list in our area is approx 2.5-3years.

You have to be positive though. As hard as it seems with 1 chance you really need everything going for you.

PS dont worry about your laparoscopy, its not as bad as what it sounds.

Are you up at the Royal in Glasgow. I found them quite quick. I fell the week before I was due to start so fingers crossed.

ggg, good luck.

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you Jax, if anyone deserves this then its you. I hope you get your BFP soon and your journeys isnt too long, i'll be praying for you & thinking of u hun :pray: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

happy_chick said:
I have my fingers and toes crossed for you Jax, if anyone deserves this then its you. I hope you get your BFP soon and your journeys isnt too long, i'll be praying for you & thinking of u hun :pray: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww thanks babes thats really sweet :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I dont think I deserve it anymore than anyone else TTC here, we all deserve one mahassive BFP :lol:

Good Luck GGG, it must be so hard but stay positive :hug:

I am thinking of you honey, it must seem pretty daunting. I really hope it all goes well and you will get you BFP really soon!! :hug:

AF came this morning, but I had a feeling she would show up eventually lol :lol:

Just gotta phone the clinic and book the laparoscopy now :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back