BFP yesterday......spotting today!! Should I be worried???

Chrissy1

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

the title says it all really.

I finally got a long awaited BFP yesterday (AF was due on Thursday) and this morning I've got very light spotting......and I mean VERY light!!

It's more like a pink twinge to my CM than actual spotting but there are a couple of tiny little darker spots in it that are no bigger than a speck of dust as well.

I have heard a lot of people say that you can get spotting and even bleeding early on but I've waited so long for this BFP that I don't want to take any chances. I've not got any pain or anything like that

I'm going to go and settle myself on the sofa for the rest of the day and hope it stops. I think I just need my mind putting to ease more than anything else.

Can't you tell I'm going to be a worry wort!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks ladies
c
xx

Hi hun, I am sure that you are going to be absolutely fine. I had what I thought was a full AF when I was pg with my son (I was PG but didn't know) just relax and take it easy :hug:

Xxx

Hello again sweet... I wouldn't be worried if I were you, although if you are, call your MW - she'll be able to reassure you!

I haven't personally had any spotting, but LOTS of women get it.. I think it's due to your pregnancy hormones having to remind your brain that you ARE pregnant now and there's no need for the monthly period... Hope this reassures you, it's from my "What To Expect When You Are Expecting" bible;

Do Not Worry If;
- You do not feel any pain whilst bleeding.
- The bleeding lasts for less than 3 days.

It says you should call your MW/doctor if you experience painful cramps along with the bleeding, if the bleeding is very heavy and lasts longer than 3 days etc.. This doesn'tmean though that something is wrong, it just means to get checked out to be certain...

I'm not a fan of googling things and copying and pasting them into the forum, BUT, this could be useful for you;

"It is not unheard of for women to experience some bleeding during early pregnancy around the time they would normally have their menstrual cycle. In some cases this can continue throughout the pregnancy. There can also be some bleeding in the very early stages of pregnancy at the implantation stage of the fertilized egg. Bleeding can also occur later on due to the placenta embedding itself in the lining of the uterus."

I hope you feel reassured babe... xxx

Aww there's nothing wrong with worrying (I'm pretty sure we all do ;) ). I personally didn't have any pinkish discharge but I did have what I think was a slight brown discharge earlier on. I know a fair amount of ladies have had some spotting but have had strong heartbeats on dopplers and scans so I wouldn't necessarily worry yourself too much. I think you should be worried if there is a lot of red blood accompanied by cramping though.

You relax and chill out today, I'm sure it'll be gone before you know it :hug:

thanks ladies.... just checked again and it's cleared up now so I'm going to carry on taking it easy........good enough excuse to spend the day on the sofa if you ask me!! :rotfl:

I little bit of spotting should be OK. I have to admit I am impressed at your restraint - I did at least one test a day for a week or more because I found it exciting (3 for a pound form poundland, 2 for £4 from Sainsbury's if you're feeling more flush). If you are worried do another test - I loved seeing those lines appear!!!!

I had a period of heavy spotting which started about 4/5 days before my AF was due and continued for a few days after that.

I've since had light brown spotting on and off at times for a couple of days at a time and pink streaks in my CM at least once a week. Usually when I turn another week.

It's certainly not unusual. If it gets worse defo let your GP know or your midwife if you have one yet. They will more than likely get you booked in for an early scan.

I had an early scan this week (private one) and the sonographer could see a small rim of hemorage around the gestational sac, she said the spotting I had was most likely due to implantation.

I bet yours is implantation too, little bean is getting all snug in there :D

Hey Chrissy, first of all congrats...i remember you from ttc and been checking up on u occasionally :hug:
secondly don't panic..i had a massive splodge of bright red blood when i first got my bfp and had a couple of small browny bleeds here and there...also had a little one yesterday, but my bubba is kicking me in the ribs as i type...so don't panic.
Much love and pm me if u need any help/advice :hug: xxxxx

cheers Anna.

TBH it was so light that I'm now thinking I was imagining it!!

I think I was more worried because I actually got my bfp a day before my af was due so I was paranoid that she would still show.

Now I'm definately late and i've stopped having any discolouration I'm feeling really happy again......I want to tell the world that I'm pg but I'm being really good and managing to keep it to myself.

Hey i got my bfp 4 days before AF was due, so i totally understand...i got first bleed on af due date and i did panic a bit...but the key is....don't! You can't control it, just relax and enjoy...notice you got your bfp, prob when u were more relaxed after seeing doc?
PS i told everyone when i was 5 weeks...as it was my wedding, i though well i'd probably want to share if i did lose the baby, so what does it matter. You tell people when u like :hug: :hug: xx

Chrissy1 said:
I'm feeling really happy again......I want to tell the world that I'm pg but I'm being really good and managing to keep it to myself.

I'm really pleased that you can start to relax and enjoy it now!! :cheer:

xxx

Sounds like it may of been a weee bit of old blood hon glad its all gone!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back