bf'ing + teeth = ouch!

inky

Reaction score
Anyone know how to stop a cheeky monkey biting with his brand new teeth when you're breast feeding? He seems to think it's the best way to get things flowing, the first thing he does is bite down! It's not hard but it's enough to really nip and I'm starting to tense up just before he latches on, I don't want him to pick up on that because I don't want to ruin his feed.

I spoke to a bf counsellor about it and she said that I just have to tell him "No!" and that babies understand more than anyone gives them credit for. If that's the case then I've got the most insolent baby going because when I say "No Cahal, no biting Mummy!" he literally laughs in my face. He thinks it's hilarious! Anyone got any tips to help me nips lol?!

I got told you had to REALLY shout 'No' loud for them to listen. I've still not had the heart to do it and he's got no teeth yet.

My Sis swears by bonjela before a feed.

Believe me, I've tried, the louder I tell him off the louder he laughs :roll:

Toby always used to laugh if I told him not to do something :lol:

Somehow I've managed not to be bitten - apart from once recently when he sneezed while feeding and clamped down on me :rofl: But if just saying no doesn't work, every time he does it take him off straight away. Hopefully he'll soon learn that if he bites, the milk stops!

I think that's all I can do, I don't think I've helped matters by laughing back at him, but he's such a cheeky boy!

Hugs hon i no how this feels lol, i take it straight out and pretend to cry, he very rarely does it now!!

Tapatalking it :D

I did actually try pretending to cry lol, that made him laugh too. My baby has a heart of stone lol!! We've now resorted to just trying to remain calm, composed, and just take the nipple away with no reaction whatsoever. He definitely does it for the response, he looks up at me and smiles while he's doing it the little bugger...I HOPE this works, I'm getting sore!

My little boy doesn't have teeth yet. (got that to look forward too!). But he has been chomping on me a lot lately. Think he is trying to soothe sore gums. I just say no loudly and take him off for a few minutes then try again. Had to do this for a few feeds b4 he eventually got the message. FX he hasn't done it for a few days.

Good luck. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back