BFing babywearing

trixipaws

Reaction score
lol, i kno its still reallyyyyyyyyyyyy early :lol: but....... jus remembering how time consuming BFing is. this time i cant jus sit on my ass for hours lol coz iv got millie to run around after, i am a baby-wearing virgin but thought it might be good to get a sling specifically for BF? one that positions baby perfectly so iv got my handsfree and can walk around feeding and play with millie and stuff? or can any of u beautiful BF mummies with toddlers tell me i wont need one? is it realistic to think i can carry baby with one arm or would that be too tricky.

I only have experience BF:ing my first (and only) child in a sling. We have a kari-me and it was pretty easy in the cuddly position http://www.kari-me.com/position.php . The only problem was burbing as you kind of have to bend your own body into a funny position, but rather that than puking in a sling :D

I have also BF:ed LO in a tummy-to-tummy position (even recently) but before your baby can support his/her neck that is a bit more tricky.

I recently brought a ring sling and wish I had got it when Es was tiny as my Close carrier didnt feel secure enough to BF totally hands free, however a close is really comfy for tummy to tummy cuddles and sleeps.

Get yourself down to a sling meet Trix and play with everyones stash, some of the hardcore babywearers that go to the meets have the most amazing and vast collection of slings.

Ive not used a pouch but they are good for BF I have been told, however you cant adjust as you can with a RS which I find with a wriggly baby is essential

If you get a ring sling make sure its of good woven material and the shoulder can pull out really wide to make it comfy for you and as your so slim measure well before buying. I can highly reccommend zolowear carriers.

I will report back on MT when mine arrives :wink:

I successfully breastfed in a ring sling and a wrap sling. I do need to sell my ring sling actually. It wasn't for me as i got it when Angel was 12 weeks so she was too heavy for me to learn to use. Did the job for a good while though.

i have tried in a pouch sling and the wrap.. the pouch sling was awkward as hell! i think it was coz my boobs were so big to.. but it just kept moving out of place..the link to the side hold is the way i did it and actually the only way i have seen other mums do it..not sure if you can feed with other types.. im sure other mums could answer it.. maybe ask in babies general area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back