• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BF problems - Help

Fiona

Reaction score
For some reason over the last couple of weeks Grace has taken a dislike to being fed in public.

She is fab at home, goes straight to my breast, has a good feed and finishes content.......

when I am out she starts off okay for about 3 sucks then starts crying - the whole feed then carries on like this. she takes a few sucks, comes off the breast, starts to cry - I then settle her, put her back on the breast and round and round the circle we go......

eventually she give up and just cries and then settles on my shoulder looking around. She then carries on being her ususal happy and smiley self.

today I had to feed her twice in public and both times this happened........ it leaves me really worrying about how much milk she taken.......

came home just now and she has had a massive feed from both breasts, no tears, and she is now sitting laughing in her chair........

how am I going to overcome this ??? I am out and about quite a lot with Grace and have never worried about feeding in public but I don't want Grace to be getting stressed and not feeding enough but I don't also want to live like a hermit

any suggestions would be great :wall: :wall: :wall:

Is she getting distracted by the noise and the light etc?
Have you thought about a breastfeeding necklace? They are big chunky beaded necklaces which babies like to play with and focus their attention on while feeding.
Either that or will she let you drape a muslin over her face? Is she the same even if you feed in a very quiet place?

My first thought straight away - she's just being nosey :D

I am planning to feed expressed milk in a bottle when I am out as i was uncomfortable doing it in public...my issue not Dylans..

don't kow if it wold help

I don't think she is distracted. I feed under a large t-shirt so she can't see anything that is going on ..........

the necklace is a good idea though ......... might try that...

I have tried expressing but she hates taking milk from the bottle..........
also if I miss a feed I leak really badly - I end up looking like I have been in a wet t-shirt contest :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:wall: :wall: :wall:

I had EXACTLY the same thing. I often ended up having to sit in the back of the car if I couldn't find a quiet feeding room. I started going along to the breast feeding support group and feeding her there. I also made sure I fed her with the TV on so there was noise around. I am not sure if she just grew out of it or these things worked, but it did improve. NB I found a breast feeding necklace distracted her so much she did feed at all. :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back