beyond a joke now

roseanimal

Reaction score
on day 57 of my cycle. my period may be 23 days late from the 1st ov, 3 days late from the second ovulation I thought i had. still no af, still bfn! This is driving me mad! I hate not knowing! I am so calling the doctor on Monday where I will be on day 59!

anyone been this late before and still getting bfn?

Yes. Sorry hun, I know how frustrating it is :hug: :hug:

I had a 67 day cycle in the summer. No reason why just a very long cycle. I actually got pregnant on my next cycle which was only about 45 days (although ended in a miscarriage) but its hopeful!

thanks - was there any explanation at all for the long cycle? did you ovulate early on like i did or did you have a long gap then ovulate late then have 2ww?

I think I OV later in the cycle. I asked my Dr about it when I went the following month for my BFP. She said that it can happen every now and then for no reason (stress can cause it too). She did want to send me for an early scan as she thought I might be further along than I thought.......................but had a MC so I never went.

Yeah, my cycle has always been a bit longer, around 40-45 days. But never 67 before.

that's what's confusing me. it's late according to when I ov'd too, not just the length of the cycle... :(

and on top of that by not eating (well, special k diet) i have gained 3 lbs! :evil:

I've had one in the 100's Rose, no explantion but then my following months were between 32 to 37 days. It doesn't make sense does it :hug:

I know how frustrating it is my longest cycle was 167days :wall: but that was my body playing up after a M/C :(

I agree that you should go see your dr and I really hope hope you get some answers :hug: :hug:

roseanimal said:
and on top of that by not eating (well, special k diet) i have gained 3 lbs! :evil:

Oh, honey! How long have you been doing that to yourself??? You MUST eat real food - no wonder you're not ovulating! Get some meat and veg into yourself (no potatoes, tho) at least twice a day and drink loads of water, and I bet it sorts itself out. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: You poor thing!

I didn't have AF for 6 months once - (combination of coming off pill, illness and stress).

Agree with Melissa - plenty of 'Meat and Two Veg' never hurt anyone :lol:

But seriously - you must eat properly!

I'm eating dinner - had yummy (but homemade, low fat) thai green chicken curry last night (with loads of veggies in) and been eating loads of fruit salad at breakfast - just special k at lunch then I guess!

eta that's been since monday so is definitely niot the cause, thought it's already so late (way after ov) so wont matter! was expecting af to turn up and force feed me crap like she usually does!

calling the doctor tomorrow unless the witch turns up (but not had cramps in a week or so - no af symptoms at all) so keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Good Luck! I am following Slimming World and have lost 2 stone so far. I will continue on it when and if I get my BNP too. Dont want to undo all my hard work!

melissa5317 said:
roseanimal said:

Oh, honey! How long have you been doing that to yourself??? You MUST eat real food - no wonder you're not ovulating! Get some meat and veg into yourself (no potatoes, tho) at least twice a day and drink loads of water, and I bet it sorts itself out. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: You poor thing!

Why no potatoes? Are you not supposed to eat potatoes when TTC?

Cori said:
Why no potatoes? Are you not supposed to eat potatoes when TTC?

They're fine if you don't have blood sugar problems, but if your body is out of balance, they can be just as bad as eating anything bready or sugary b/c they're such a high GI food.

Oh no, so they might prevent you from conceiving? What if you're an ideal weight? Could they still prevent conception?

Well, they by themselves can't really do a lot of harm - you already have to be pretty screwed up (like me) for just eating potatoes to make a difference. I have to be really careful myself b/c I already have blood sugar problems, and for me eating potatoes is no better than eating a chocolate bar - it has the same effect. If you look at my chart, you can pretty much see the days that I eat bad foods b/c those tend to be the days that my temp is wacky. You can see all during the two week Xmas period my temperature was incredibly erratic, and that was pretty much down to the sugary food and little bit of alcohol I was consuming. It's rather frustrating. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back