Best things for colds??

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Harlow has kept me up all night with a really badly bunged up nose! She seems to have a cold, however is still managing to take some of her bottle and smile at me throughout the night. She kept me up because if I lie her down in her crib her nose seemed to get worse and she panics and screams. I have had to hold her upright all night. She was happy with that and got sleep.. I on the other hand am a zombie today!

I know about all the steamy showers etc, but was wondering what I can buy from the shops that would help her nose.

Xxxx

Kayla has been a bit bunged up and we have been giving her saline spray in each nostral, gp noticed it when she was at her reflux app and he said thats pretty much all you can do and take her into the bathroom after your shower when its all steamy

hope she gets better soon x

My little girl has a cold, went to chemist got some saline drops. She told me not to use too much and just before a feed if struggling to breathe. Haven't used them yet as she is feeding ok. Will try the shower thing!

The calpol spray you can use as much as you want. We also have a eucalyptus plug in that is a god send along with steamy showers.

The capol spray is fab hub I used it last week when ruby was all congested xxx

Rub a good layer of snuffle babe or Karvol chest rub on feet before puttin sleep suit on at night

It does work to decongest baby I think it will work through day too if you wanted to do it now

Thanks for all the advice ladies! I think I will try the calpol spray and she how she gets on. She doesn't seem to have a temperature or be bothered by the blocked nose so will just give it to her before she goes to bed tonight x

The only thing iv noticed is a few mins after she can taste it going down her throat and annoys her so i give it about an hour before bed so it doesn't interrupt her going to sleep x

we use the saline drops up her nose and I've made a really thin pillow from a blanket to put under her sheet to heelp her breathe when shes got a cold

Definitely some saline drops /calpol spray, I swore by them when. Chloe had a cold, they really made a difference.

I hope she feels better soon x

I got Sophie some sterimar baby spray from boots and it's brilliant stuff xx

How odd! She is completely back to normal now! That has got to have been the shortest cold I have ever known! It was about 12 hours of a bunged up nose and she is fine now and I have not even given her anything for it! I got the calpol spray anyhow and if she gets bunged up again I will give her it. Thanks again ladies. x

i would just watch with the calpol spray - its salt water as well - they do swallow it so i wouldn't use it ALL the time in case they take too much salt for their wee kidneys!

we used before every feed, and before naps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back