Best do it properly then !!

kimisgirl

Reaction score
Been posting away and realised I haven't even introduced myself !!

Hi.
I'm 33 and DH is 36. We met in Aug '01 and were preg by Jan '02. So were hugely surprised when we just could not seem to get a BFP 2nd time round. I came off pill and noticed my periods were all over the place so went to see GP. I was sent for All the blood tests which came back inconclusive as to wheather or not I was ovulating, so DR said before we could be referred to fertility clinic DH had to have an SA just as a formality, so we were totally devastated and shocked to find that he was at less than 5% any good and they had terrible motility and morphology.
Went to fertility clinic and was diag with a sligh PCO on right side. Fought to be given Clomid even thou I am very over weight. Given metformin for PCOS but that was horrible, switched to the slow release form but still felt awful. had an internal every month for 6 months on clomid had good ovulation signs every time but poor womb lining. Told at the end our only hope was ICSI and then only if I lost weight (this was at the end of '05) had appointment in April '06 at clinic but cancelled it as we decided enough was enough and I had spent the last 3 years trying to lose weight and or concieve so we were taking a break from it, came off all the drugs and relaxed.

Hugely surprised to find out last week that I am pregnant, without any help from anyone and whist still being a Fatty !! LOL

So I am delighted, I intend to walk on my treadmill every day once I get past the 16 week stage and try to keep healthy for 'flippers' sake.

So there you go, it really does "only take one" and it really will "happen when you least expect it" ...... Man I hated those sayings

Aine x

Congratulations and welcome - What a nice story!

Hiya welcome to the forum and CONGRATULATIONS see drs don't know everything! :D

Just being nosey here are you Irish wondering because of your name.

Hi ya smurf,

Indeed I am, and oh the fun we have with people trying to pronounce Aine. It does get a bit irratating. I was born in Dublin and raised in the Bog county of Laois.

A huge welcome to the forum :wave:

Congratulations on your pregnancy :hug:

Hiya yeah I thought you might be. I was born and brought up in Dublin but moved to the UK when I was 21 (for 10 months!) 17 years later I'm still here and married to an Englishman so I reckon I'll be staying :D

I know exactly how you feel about your name my name is Deirdre (pro-nounced Deardra) but everyone here prounces it Deedree and I hate it so decided one day I will be Dee from now one and I've never looked back :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back