Best Breast Pump???

crystabell

Reaction score
Hi,

I am wanting to breast feed when my little one is born but would also like to express so that I could take bottles of milk out with me. I have been looking at breast pumps but there seems to be so many and I don't know what I am really looking for when buying one :? lol

Can anyone recommend a breast pump that they have used before or give me some tips on what I should be looking out for when I buy one. Any help would be great :D

Thanks
Crystal xx

Hi crystabell,

I have the Tommee Tippee Freedom, which is brilliant - it's really easy to use, put together - and comes in a handy storage box. I would really recommend it. It fits the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles too which are made specially for the transition between bottle and breast feeding - the teat is more nipple like.

I do think however that it is much much easier to just breastfeed when you are out in public, but this is just my opinion - I guess it depends how comfortable you are. We use the bottle for an expressed feed every few days so she remembers it and doesn't forget it so that I can go out without her (we were trying to force a bottled dream feed on her but she kept refusing and now sleeps through 7-7 without one :dance:) .

Hope that helps

Valentine xxx

P.S. The TT breast pump above is only £13 in T K Maxx, if you have one near you!

Thanks valentine I will have to look out for that one next time I go shopping. I think when I am out alone with the baby I would breast feed in public, it doesnt really bother me, but my fiance would end up taking the baby out alone sometimes to give mammy a little rest and I know he would love to feed the baby if he could.

Crystal xx

crystabell said:
Thanks valentine I will have to look out for that one next time I go shopping. I think when I am out alone with the baby I would breast feed in public, it doesnt really bother me, but my fiance would end up taking the baby out alone sometimes to give mammy a little rest and I know he would love to feed the baby if he could.

Crystal xx

Sounds like a great plan! There's loads of info I found really helpful on b/feeding and expressing in this section of the forum.

Have a good pregnancy.

Valentine xxx

to start with i used tommee tippee manual pump but was soooo tiring so i got a avent electronic one which was soooo much better, i could do it while watching eastenders and was so much quicker

i soon got fed up of manuel expressing as i expressed only, i got the avent electric it was fabulous, you can lend them also from hospital :)

I WOULD NOT reccomend the Tesc home branded one. I had real trouble with it and ended up just expressing by hand if I needed an odd bottle. I found the tesco one very uncomfortable as you couldn't alter the "suck" and the pump action bit was very difficult to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back