Being "cut open" dureing labour?

It just sounds so painful doesnt it????? The thought of them just cutting you with no anaesthetic, although you prob dont even feel it cos your in so much pain at the time!!! Do the stitches need to be removed or do they dissolve then?

i think the skin in numb from being stretched anyway so noot much feeling there and the stitches dissolve themselves. fairy you make me laugh Dionne what name have you got for a willy?

what about poop and wee though? surely that isnt a good thing to get all over your stitches? :oops:

jenna my sis in law had to tip water on her bits when she weed cause she was in alot of pain :oops:

oh dear! what about walking? rubbing must be an issue? :oops: iv never had stitches and i always said i would allways refuse! :roll: im nervous already and im not even pregnant!

I have had stitches down there before when I had a bartholins cyst ( the most painfull thing I have ever had in my life!!)

They left disposible stiches in around the open wound which was packed with a gauze, which then had to get OH to take it out for me ( oh the pain was awfull !!!)

lol gone into some detail there but look ladies a few stiches are nothing after going through the ordial of having to take out the gauze and then trying to go for a wee, a few stiches are nothing and don't scare me at all!!!

And anyway when you see your little one all that pain will soon mean nothing at all :angel:

Oh Dionne - fairy thats a lovely name for it - made me chuckle.

I had a spinal when they cut me as they were going to do a c-section if all esle failed. Like someone else said the pressure is so huge i don't think you feel it when they an episiotomy anyway and i know that they can give you a local anaesthetic. Tearing is much more painful - not that i felt it luckily due to the spinal.

The stitches are dissolvable but as i doscovered last week that can take months ( i found 2 sneaky stitches in my bum!!) but saying that the 'fairy' stitches (hee hee) dissolved within days for me and i was left with a gaping chasm!

I blame the physio who told me to take 2 warm baths a day for the pain - when i saw the consultant a week later with my bits wide open he said "oh no i wouldn't take any baths they'll dissolve your stitches". Too little too late but cheers anyway.

It's all worth it though. But Jenna - i couldn't walk properly for a good 4 weeks because it is painful and things do rub (including the surfboard size maternity pads you'll be forced to wear). As for having a poo - i was on laxatives for 8 wks and weeing wasn't a prob for me. I took alot of the pain away with morphine - oh and witch hazel poured on a mat pad.

Forgot to say that i only started having cuddles a month ago - i was so scared and the first time took hours. One bonus to being stitched up is that you keep a little bit of your tightness :oops: (cringe)

Don't worry though - if its gonna happen it will. The likelihood of a really bad tear like mine is 1% and i'm fine now just not as pretty down there!

xxx

I was cut and also was stiched inside and out. I didnt feel a thing when they cut me so dont worry ! Your so drugged up you wouldnt know.

I thought I was dying when they were stitching me but that was because the pain relief ran out they injected me with something and I soon couldnt feel much again.

The worst bit is the recovery from it. Hey I wouldnt worry you prob wont even need it. x

i had a 2nd degree tare, and i refused stitches full stop so it was quite sore.
i have a real needle phobia and to me having an injection and havin stitches was just out of the question.
I was at home so even beein at home they would have done it if i wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back