Being a midwife....????

Ebony_Mommy

Reaction score
Basically i'm an accounting technician now (i passed in august... yeeeyy meee...lol...sorry :oops: ) but I started that course when i was 17 and i've changed alot since then.

I dont think i wanna do it anymore... I think i wanna be a midwife :think:

But i dont know if I really wanna be a midwife or is it because im preggy i feel like this :think:

i wud hate to spend that long studying and then not using my qualification as i am right now with my accounting/book-keeping.

how hard do you think it is to manage a baby and going to college/uni to study to be a midwife....?

do i need to do biology as well?

Hi Ebony,

I was a student midwife but dropped out after 6 months due to personal reasons and a few one-off bad experiences. It's a great career and I witnessed 10 births and delivered two myself-words can't describe the satisfaction one gets when you've helped and supported a woman through labour. Also, the Community and ante natal aspects of the job are fantastic.

Anyway, a lot of people on my course had babies and children. A great place to find out is on the forum at

www.studentmidwives.co.uk

There are students from unis all over the country on there and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to advise you.

Ju xxx

Don't be signing up to college JUST yet Ebony! I think a lot of mum's think about this at SOME point during pregnancy/birth. I know I did.

Having said that, if you really think it's for you, I wish you all the luck in the world. I imagine it's hard but very rewarding work :)

I heard that there are too many midwifes at the moment and not enough positions availabl on the NHS for all the MW's who have just qualified

That is true Vix, but the NHS wont make he jobs availbale even though hospitas need more staff, they cant afford them. I was due to start training till I fell pg with my son but I didnt go for it because i wanted to bring him up myself, not just take a year out and start the course again. It's a bloodyhard job, and the training is TOUGH. There are alot of dropouts for various reasons, and hundreds apply each year. I's tough competetion.

But if you still want to do it after babe is born, then go for it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back