Bedtime-What should I do (UPDATE)

Aidans Mummy

Reaction score
Since Aidan was 6 months old he has been going to bed at 6.00pm. We have dinner, OH clears up while I bath him, then he has his cup of milk whilst I am reading a story. Then cup comes away (only just got that one done) and he goes to bed. It was gojng great and he was going straight to sleep as he was tired BUT now he seems not tired at all at this time and still wants to play. I put him to bed and all his does is winge for about an hour, gabbling to him self, laughing, playing etc

Sould I love his forward an hour to 7pm and see how it goes or should I keep his bedtime the same. Really stuck on this one and some advice would be great :)
xx

Update
Thank you for the advice. I bathed Aidan at 6 and then he came down stairs with his bottle at half 6. By this time he seemed very quite and came for a cuddle whilst I watched Hollyoaks. Then at 7 we took him up read a story. Put him to bed. Not a peep. He just rolled onto his side pulled his duvet under his chin and closed his eyes. So sweet and he has been aslweep every since. Not unsettled or anything. So looks like his bedtime is now 7 :):sleep:

Last edited:
Hey hon, I'd move it a bit and see how it goes. Harrison won't go down at 7 like a lot of his friends and we've settled on 8:30 as that seems to work. Try half an hour at a time and see what seems to fit? xxx

Yeah half an hour at a time is a good idea then we can find what suits him
xx

Does he nap during the day? If so maybe he doesn't need as much in the day, or maybe needs to sleep earlier during the day so he's tired at bedtime?

My Evie wont go down before 7pm unless she's been at nursery as she is shattered on those days. If I put her down early and she's not tired she'll babble and play with her teddies then gets grumpy and it takes ages to settle her again sometimes xx

No hun the naps are gone now. Mayeb it's just his age. I agree that when we haev gone out for the day he is alot more tired
xx

Maybe move him to 7pm then and see how he goes from there :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back