Bedtime Routine - 8 weeks Old

hesty14

Reaction score
We've been wanting to get my dd in to some sort of bedtime routine but just keep failing at it and I'm looking for some advice on how you ladies have done it or if you actually follow one.

She has been sleeping through the night for a while but this is after going to bed at 11/12 at night. She feeds every 4 hours, from when she wakes through the day with a last feed at about 10:30 but is taking anything up to 2 hours to settle which is quite a late night for mummy!

As hubby does not get in from work until about 7 want to get her to bed about 9 so he gets to see her. Was going to do bath, bottle, bed but if we did that we would be feeding her about 1.5 - 2 hours after her last one meaning she won't really be hungry so might not take it. Would you ladies recommend just offering her food to get that association going even though she is not due a feed?

I'm also wondering if at 8 weeks old she could be too little to try and get in to a routine and I just still go with the flow on what she wants.

Thanks.

I started a bedtime routine with Angel at about 12 weeks old. She feeds 4 hourly most of the time too so usually her bedtime feed is around 6pm ish. So we usually start bath at 6pm, feed by 6.30 and bed by 7 - thats a very rough idea of what we do, the times can vary but not by a massive amount. It was never my intention to coax her into sleeping longer or doing things to make her do this, she sleeps through on her own if you know what I mean, I dont do anything different with her. I did read somewhere if you try and implement a routine it should be done at around the same time, in the same order every day and I think thats why its worked so well with Angel. xx.

Theo is nine weeks and from 6 weeks I've got him ready for bed at 7:30 and fed him then so he's then laid in his swing seat to fall asleep. I take him up to his crib at 10 and he stays asleep then he is in his crib and will wake at 4-5 for a feed. Back in his crib after feed and he has his dummy and ewan the sheep on and he goes off to sleep until 7.
Im going to start putting him straight to his crib soon rather than swing chair

My LO has been in a bedtime routine from about 5 week she has a bath about half 8 and her last bottle at 9. I put her straight into her crib after shes been fed and I have a fisher price sooth and glow seahorse which we use to help settle her. Xxx

My LO has been in a bedtime routine from about 5 week she has a bath about half 8 and her last bottle at 9. I put her straight into her crib after shes been fed and I have a fisher price sooth and glow seahorse which we use to help settle her. Xxx

What time was her feed before 9? These are the times I am hoping for but she will feed around 7:30.

I would offer the feed 1.5-2 hours after as a test, she might take it?

Will goes 3-4 hours between feeds in the day. He has a feed around 7-8pm each night and I offer him another one at around 9:30 which he always takes and usually falls asleep before the end which is when I put him to bed for the night, this started from about 9 or 10 weeks xz

is it weird that we have had a routine pretty much from day one? Alyssa feeds every 3 hours roughly in the day at the min and it can vary from 2 hrs to 4 hrs but at night she has a feed around 11/12 and then i go to bed and OH brings her to bed with him around 3/4am. she has her feed then and sleeps til morning. the last 2 days its been til half 7 but before that it was 9am lol

What time was her feed before 9? These are the times I am hoping for but she will feed around 7:30.

6 hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back