Becks and Riley , where are they?

budge said:
10.gif
That's so not safe Budge :lol:

This is going to make me look like a right old fogey, but I'm just not up with the current slang at all. What exactly is 'safe' supposed to mean in this context, anyway? Is it like 'cool' or 'ok' or something? Sorry for being stupid. :oops:

AllieW said:
This is going to make me look like a right old fogey, but I'm just not up with the current slang at all. What exactly is 'safe' supposed to mean in this context, anyway? Is it like 'cool' or 'ok' or something? Sorry for being stupid. :oops:

Dunno but all the little chavs by us say it :think:

AllieW said:

Im not sure what it means, i just think its funny when people use it like 'innit' :rotfl:

They will be browsing the forum i bet.. see whats what cos they wont be able to stay away forever lol :rotfl:

AllieW said:

yeah it's like saying "cool"

when i spent a summer in tottenham years ago i heard a lot of black people saying it and touching each others fists with theirs.

jenna said:
AllieW said:

Im not sure what it means, i just think its funny when people use it like 'innit' :rotfl:

We say init here as a lazy way of saying 'isnt it' :?

happy_chick said:
jenna said:
AllieW said:

I mean people who say it after every sentance innit cus its cool innit.

Like that lol :rotfl: Dh used to do it, make me laugh :rotfl:

jenna said:
happy_chick said:
jenna said:
AllieW said:

Yeah I get ya, proper manc scallys say that loads and I find it soo annoying!! :lol:

I used to say innit about 20 years ago, trust me its nothing new lol, that and "respek", "laters", "nowaddimean" and yes....."safe" (usually as in "safe man" )

It cracks me up how the language of youth hasnt changed atall :lol:

jenna said:

That drives me nuts. My colleague does the same but says 'isn't it?' instead and I keep wanting to correct her.

For example, she'll say 'You have to go to the doctor today, isn't it?'. And I'll feel like correcting her since, as far as I'm concerned the sentence ought to be 'You have to go to the doctor today, haven't you?'. She's in her late 50s and claims it's a colloquialism but it doesn't even make sense!

When I was in oz about 9 years ago this teenager was talking to me about his mum. He said 'my mums sick yeah'
I said 'oh I'm sorry what's wrong with her?'

Nothing! Apparently sick means good, as in 'that car is sick!'
I heard some kids over here saying it recently so it must have caught on!

God I'm so old :rotfl:

ahahah she returns :D
saffffe

:rotfl:

yeh man sum1 can be a sickhead n all if they crazzzy

Misslarue said:
When I was in oz about 9 years ago this teenager was talking to me about his mum. He said 'my mums sick yeah'
I said 'oh I'm sorry what's wrong with her?'

Nothing! Apparently sick means good, as in 'that car is sick!'
I heard some kids over here saying it recently so it must have caught on!

God I'm so old :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: whatever next :rotfl:

hello becks!!! :wave: hows it going? have u missed the forum? i knew you wouldn't be able to keep away for long! :wave:

I miss the advice
I have a tall child on my hands grr

safffe :rotfl:

:wave: a huge welcome back :wave:
may i offer you a flower ? ( :rotfl: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member