beaker for water

kelly'n'jack

Reaction score
im having trouble finding a cup for Jack that he will actually take! although im not sure if he just cant work the cup or if he doesnt want the water....maybe i should try some juice? does it have to be baby juice or will anything do? didnt really want to use juice but maybe i will try it... he is still waking in the night but hes on solids now and doesnt get much water so im wondering if it cos he thirsty?

I have been havin this problem all the beakers i find say they are suitable from 3 months but keeley still has to bite and suck at the same time :wall: :wall: :wall: and she can't figure that out so at the mo she has her juice in one of her bottles :)

i give keeley heinz baby juice but i also dilute it with cooled boiled water she's not that bothered by juice but i keep tryin :D

http://www.tesco.com/superstore/xpi/8/xpi56138558.htm

I have this beaker which to be honest I havn't tried a lot with Jake yet but it is non spill and seems ok. I bought it from Tesco but i'm sure other places do it and so does the website. They also do a larger one for babies from 6 months. If Jack won't take water you can either give baby juice or I think no added sugar squash diluted to 1 part squash and 9 parts water.

Hiya

Is he not a bit young for a beaker yet anyway i don't remember Willow having one till she was at least 6 months and then it was a cheap tommee tippee one that wasn't leak proof and they can just put to their mouth and tip or suck, i think these anyway up cups are a bit tight to be honest the poor baby hasn't a bloody clue how to get the juice out of it.

I don't actuall give Conal water yet as it's empty calories for him but i would go with a bottle for now rather than a cup i maybe wrong though i'm sure you know your baby better than me :)

Heather

h33 said:
Hiya

Is he not a bit young for a beaker yet anyway i don't remember Willow having one till she was at least 6 months and then it was a cheap tommee tippee one that wasn't leak proof and they can just put to their mouth and tip or suck, i think these anyway up cups are a bit tight to be honest the poor baby hasn't a bloody clue how to get the juice out of it.

I don't actuall give Conal water yet as it's empty calories for him but i would go with a bottle for now rather than a cup i maybe wrong though i'm sure you know your baby better than me :)

Heather

Tomme tippee do a abeaker from 3 months now :)

Tomme tippee do a abeaker from 3 months now :)[/quote]

Do they! :shock: it's a bit harsh isn't it poor Conal only just figured out how to get his hand to hit a toy, at 3 months i think his eye would of got more juice than his mouth :lol:

i think its just so they get the idea of holdin somethin in there hands :D

I use this one with Ellie.

http://www.kiddicare.com/invt/xdlttpfir ... rimary&N=0

We started using it at about 4.5 months as Ellie grabbed my glass from my hand and then tried to drink from it (quiet successfully). So after that I decided it was time to get her own cup and start offering her water in it with her meals. I only use the lid with it about 50% of the time, the other 50% I help her drink out of it properly as she really enjoys drinking that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back