bathing baby

ozzy

Reaction score
hi, just woundered what you bath your baby in. i hear Johnsons is too strong for new born . also my baby was premature ( he was born at 29 weeks and is now 10 weeks old) as anyone heard of bathing baby in grapeseed oil or Aquercream ? at the moment i have been using just plain water . thanks x

I used Almond oil. That is what they used at the hospital too with the newborns. Gentle but keeps their skin from drying out. Not sure where to get it in the UK but I am sure it is somewhere obvious :)

I don't use anything but water for the actual bath and I use olive oil after the bath to moisturize Layla's skin. I was also told by the midwives at the hospital that Almond oil is also good.

I was told not to use Almond oil in case baby has nut allergy???

I use sunflower oil or olive oil. x

Beatlesfan said:
I was told not to use Almond oil in case baby has nut allergy???

I use sunflower oil or olive oil. x

yep, nut based oils like almond, macadamia and hazelnut can cause allergies so it's best to avoid them.

Use olive oil or Sunflower oil like Beatlesfan said...you can add some drops to the water or rub on after the bath.

Just warm bath water with aleo vera baby oil in it, not too much though but enough to moisten bubs skin

when you say olive oil , do you mean olive oil as in cooking olive oil ?is there any paticular brand that you use? sorry if i sound silly :oops:

ozzy said:
when you say olive oil , do you mean olive oil as in cooking olive oil ?is there any paticular brand that you use? sorry if i sound silly :oops:

yup I just use regular olive oil from waitrose, the same stuff that you cook with. You can buy special skin ones I think but they are more expensive and basically exactly the same thing.

olive oil ( yes as in cooking stuff) or baby oil has been fine for us :D

i used johnson top to toe a couple of times and he went so dry !

we use aqueous cream. Ash has very dry skin and any baby bath's just made it worse. Since using the cream as a baby wash on a sponge, his skin has been lovely.

K.xx

Johnsons bedtime oil in the water and the top and tail stuff for Ella's hair, only started that recently though.

I use grapeseed oil (just buy in the normal cooking oil bit) for baby massage after her bath and Little Me baby organics or Nature's Babycare for in the bath - both very gentle.

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back