• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bartering

MagicMarkers

Reaction score
OH says i have a problem, i cant barter !! :doh:

Went to a bootsale on sunday and if someone said £5 i just said yeah sonds good here you are.. where as hes like £2.50 ? and some say yea ! some say £3 or £4 but generally he got money off but i just cant do it !!

I get too embarassed incase im offending them and if its cheap anyways i just think bargain, nt could have got another couple of quid off, so now when we next go i have to tell him what iw ant and hes going to do ti for me lol :oops:

But im trying to prove i can haggle so theres something i want from ebay, just went unsold for £90, what do you think i should offer for it ?
Seeing as its unsold id say obviously no-one thinks its worth £90 right ? Any tips or tricks to it or just ?!?!?
Dont wanna be too cheeky, but i wanna get as much off as possible so i can go SEE I CAN BARTER !!

i hate doing it too :rotfl:

as for ebay - obv depending what the item is - just send a message saying whatever you would offer - they'll probs say yes seen as it didn't sell :D it's not as embarrasing over a message :rotfl:

i cant do it either :lol: ebay isnt as bad thou cause its nt face to face!!! offer £50-£60 n leave the ball in his court like say I offer say £60 whats yr thoughts on this?? then ya giving them a chance to take it from there...

It's worth doing on ebay! I was selling a guitar on ebay for £150 and a bloke from my city emailed me asking what my reserve was so I told him and he made me an offer. We eventually agreed on £140 so I only got £10 less than I was asking which was fine by me cos it was sat gathering dust and I gave it to him in person as well so no hassle posting! Always worth a haggle if it goes unsold!

Rightyho im gunna do it !!!
Thanks for the advice !!

Will let ya know the outcome :D

I'm no good at bartering either - my mam on the other hand is a right one for bartering - she barters for everything.
Even in proper shops she'll try and charm the shop assistants and get a deal - one of her fave things to say is "do I get it cheaper as I'm paying cash?" and the other is "can you throw something in for me?"
She flirts like god knows what to get a deal as well - really bloody embarassing sometimes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back