barter on car prices?

lozzi

Reaction score
im looking at gettin a car from a showroom/garage thing (USED cars)

would they barter wtih the price? or is the price on the window set in stone?

looking at 3 different - 3999/4499/4999

would they bring the price down at all ?

if so how much u reckon i shud realistly try for?

also does it matter if its all cash or cash+part ex..

as im not sure if im selling mine private or part ex'ing it

ta in advance

I work in a garage. Not in sales but i do know they drop. The right car you'll get a good deal. And buying from a decent garage you'll get some warranty too.

Hi I work for a car garage and yes definately haggle on the price the salesmen expect it, they always allow something within the price as they normally have customers beat them down,

with part ex's they will give you a lower price than you will get privately, this is so they get some profit and you get less hassleof having to sell it, but you will find that they will make it look like you are getting a good deal by giving you less for the car you want but also less for your car - saying thats all it worth,

having cash to buy straight away is good this will help you do a better deal as they know you don't have to wait for finance and they don't have your part ex.

Oh and if they don't come down much, make sure you ask for a service and mot for when its due for half price - or free to start (they will more than likely go for this as it means you will come back and have any work needed you will be paying for. This only works if they have the garage and it's not just a showroom IYKWIM???

What cars are looking at getting, I can let you know a good price for them if you want?? PM me if you like x x

Sorry this turned out to be a long reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back