• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bank holiday pay during maternity leave? Do we get it?

Sabrina

Reaction score
Quick question - what happens for the bank holidays during maternity leave? Are we entitled to full pay for those days (being as no one is working anyway) or do they just fall under the SMP?

Anyone know for sure or can refer me to a Govt website with the info?

:think:

I am allowed to take my bank hols when i return from ML and even allowed to carry them over (10 max along with AL) over to the next financial year. I dont think this applies to all companies though. See page 7 of the link (cant quote as it is pdf)

http://workingfamilies.org.uk/asp/famil ... _leave.pdf

I think you'll need to find out if its your company policy

hope this helps :hug:

Ive just found the answer to my own question with that document, its really quite useful.

(I dont have to wait to accrue the time before i take AL, so i CAN take my 13 days before ML, making my ticker correct :cheer: :dance: :moon: :D :rotfl: )

Where I used to work if Bank holidays fell during your OML then they were classed as maternity leave and you were not entitled to take them at a later date.

I asked my hr department this question and i got told that the bank holidays were part of my maternity and i wouldnt get them back or be paid for them?

BEX101 said:
I asked my hr department this question and i got told that the bank holidays were part of my maternity and i wouldnt get them back or be paid for them?

I had the same response Bex :(

:hug:

I am getting paid all of mine (in the form of taking them off at the beginning of my mat leave...) :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back