Bad skin/spots - treatment?

Duds

Reaction score
I have always had greasy skin and outbreaks around my period but recently my skin has been getting really bad all the time - it's not even clearing after my period. My hair is really greasy at the mo too.

Its mainly around my jaw and neck which I know is supposed to be hormone related.
Im getting really fed up with it now and feel like such a minger. What i'd give to have radient clear skin!

Can anyone recommend anything to help? I have started taking evening primrose oil....?
Has anyone experienced this?

i have never used any thing on my skin so im the worse for advice i wash my face with soap and water every morning thats it :)
i hate having things on my skin feels all clammy and greasy

Hi Duds

I have the opposite problem of really dry skin but when I was pregnant my jaw line was really greasy and I had forgotten how many spots I had until I looked at some photos at the weekend!

I found the Witch Hazel foaming face wash was really good and helped to clear my spots.

With your hair, have you changed shampoo and conditioner recently? I was getting fed up of greasy hair and my friend reminded me that apparently your hair can get a build up of that product and if you change brands etc it can help - definately did with me anyway.

Lucy

my hair gets real greasy so i now only put conditioner on the ends not the roots its makes such a difference

yeah i only use conditioner on the ends also but the roots are so greasy still.... have to wash it every day & I put talc on it sometimes but makes me look grey!

I use dermalogica on my face which i love and used for years but maybe i need to change what im using as my skin type has changed....
Im going to pop to holland and barrett later & see if I get get any supplements.

If you wash your hair with water and white vinegar (50/50) after shampooing, it will strip the buildup out of your hair and makes it less greasy.
I do this quite frequently on my hair as it also helps scalp.

And no you wont smell like a chip shop after, it washes out well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back