Bad news for me AGAIN

Thanks, nutcase. Haha... Um, sorry I don't know your name. I'm going to feel better after the weekend, I'm sure. I'm just shocked, I guess. I had sent the engineer the specs for the regular one, just because they're there, but the numbers he gave make it seem like it's unsafe to have ANYTHING on the floor, so I'm waiting for another reply to clarify that. Failing that, my midwife is coming to see me on Sunday and hopefully she will help put things into perspective for me. Unfortunately, this is a member of the team I haven't met yet, that seems less into homebirth than my named midwife. She said they'll do what ever I want, but that the CMU is too bedspread and candley for her taste and she is more of a scubbed, white uniform type. So, while she will be trying to be objective, I wonder if she'll be less inclined to try to find other more holistic options for me than my named midwife, who practically squealed with excitement when I told her what I want.

Anyway, I'll definitely let everyone know what happens after Sunday. I'm so nervous. I wasn't going to have any questions for the midwife and now I have hundreds!

I wanted a waterbirth with claming music playing etc. I set my heart on this from the get go. I ended up with a semi- section. And it wasnt the end of the world and i would happily have aplanned section again. You honestly dontknow how you will feel about your best laid plans untill the time comes. if somebody said to me at 37 weeks your going to have a section I would have thought it was the worst thing in the world. It wasnt and Id happily do it again. Just focus on getting a healthy baby at the end of it whatever the cost.

Blimey :think:

I find it strange in this day and age if a floor cannot cope with a small kids pool filled with water. Consider the weight of a 3 seater sofa with 2 bods on it and all that. Boggling. Or a king size bed, mattress and 2 bods in it. That weighs in a chunk.

If it were me I'd probably not have bothered contacting the engineer and finding out in the first place.

We put our pool in the sitting room on the ground floor. What floor level are you on? TBH I doubt it would be a disaster using a pool at home.

FWIW I laboured about 4 hours in my pool before getting out and doing the second stage standing and squatting.

I did make a fair chunk of my first stage out of the pool also, something like 5 hours before getting in it. Its manageable if you approach it the right way and have a few others ways of dealing/coping with the contraction pains. Drop me a PM and I can chat about things for homebirthing. I'd rather only write it all out if I know its genuinely interesting to you and will be of use.

Re a MW led unit (or community hossie) its worth considering. Can talk more in PM about that also :)

All is not lost, so don't get too upset. There are solutions to some things, other things a way round. A few things may be immoveable or unchangeable in which case its plan B time :)

:wink: if you are like me you won't have time to use the pool! :rotfl:

I used the bath at the hospital. All hospitals will have a BATH at least :) My middy told me in a rented flat you have to ask permission first in case you bleed all over the carpets etc. TBH I think, after seeing your other posts, that you could do without the added expense of cleaning the carpets... and also buying the pool! Giving birth in a hopital is free! :wink:

IMHO it seems like you are stressing when you don't need to. Whether you give birth at home without pain relief or in a hospital and end up having a c-section you won't care once you have your baby.

Do what feels right and safe for the both of you.

Hunny i know how much this upsets you :hug:
i had my heart set on a water birth at hospital on mimimun pain relife but this went out the window on the day it was upsetiing and yes losing the plan you made made it more scary for me as i felt no longer in control
You can never plan for a birth i found out this the hard way babies just do not come out the way you may want them to and all the preparations in the world are forgotten when you go into labour. Giving birth may be firghtning as you dont know what will happen so making plans can make you feel more in control.

But to be honest once in the throws of labour i didnt give to hoots about the pool anymore i just wanted my baby out :rotfl:

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back