• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Back Work Tommorow - SCARED lol

lisa31

Reaction score
After reading Yvonnes post thought I would put on here to say Thank You :hug: so much to everyone who has helped me during the last year. In that time I was newly pregnant, quit smoking, overcame some scary moments in the first three months - then eventually gave birth to my georgous little girl Heidi. Not only that, I have met some of you and it has been great fun and everyone I have met has been really nice.

Tommorow I go back work after being away for 8 months :shock: Last time I was at work it was Friday January 13th!!!!! thats the night I fell down the stairs!!!! - I then got laid off for about a month off sick - which then turned into maternity leave!

But before all that you were all a great help to me and then after Heidi was born and I found time to come on here, your were all there for me.

Blimey getting all sentimental now! :roll: :)

Its just that I feel a new chapter is now looming in my life and I feel sad to let go of this one..........................

Thanks everyone x

L x

Whats your job hun?

Good luck for tomorrow

I work in construction in the Business Development Department.

The girl who took on my job is staying on at the moment whilst I do some additional training so it will be weird going back and not even sitting at my old desk and computer etc! -

I just feel sooooo wierd going back at all!!! - it always felt strange going back after two weeks holiday - let alone 8 months! lol :?

L x

Thanks both - I am gonna need it!

The good news is I have managed to get Wednesdays off so at least this week is not going to be toooooo bad. I go back tommorow then have one day off.

I will really miss you lot on here - I know I wont get the time to come on here much.

Hope you all get on okay and I will get on here as often as I can....

Take care all

L x

Hi Lisa,

I went back to work when Rebecca was 4months old back in June. It is very sad and emotional, especially when you kiss Heidi goodbye for the day. Like you I work a 4 day week, but even that is too much, but at the same time, adult company is good.

It is sad that you are closing that chapter, the pregnancy, giving birth, being a new mum, but you are going out to provide for Heidi, and I am sure there will be a sibling to follow in the future.

I can't come on here as much neither, because when you get in from work your time wil be taken up by Heidi cause you haven't seen her all day. I feel a bit guilty, but I am working to give her a good life.

I was also signed off sick b4 mat leave-went off in Nov and started mat leave in Jan, and it is soo scary going back into the working world. But your first day will be good and an easy one, people fussing over you, asking you about Heidi, u will be settling back in etc.

Enjoy it, and good luck.

Karrina :hug:

Hi Lisa :wave:

Sorry I haven't been in touch lately, I took your example and tried to get out and enjoy the summer with Olivia.

Good luck tomorrow, I'm sure you will soon feel like you haven't been away - bizarre how that happens eh?!

No doubt you'll miss the wee Pixie (would love to see some recent pics btw!) but think of the positives - you can drink a cup of HOT coffee, you can choose what to have for lunch and eat it with two hands, and you'll get the biggest dribbly smiles when you pick Heidi up :D

Lucy x

I was petrified of going back to work and I only work in a pub! BUT once I was there I soon got back into it and I really enjoyed, you will probably be pleasantly susprised! Have a good day hun!

Hope today goes well :hug:

Lucy I can't imagine actually doing any of that stuff! When do you go back? Imagine browsing the shops in your lunch hour without your DD trying to nick everything :lol:

LOL Kina! I know, I was trying to think of all the things that I haven't done in ages.... every drink is lukewarm and I think if I ate hot food it would give me heartburn now!!

I have a meeting on Friday to discuss if its possible for me to go back part time in February....

Lisa - how was it?

Lucy

Awwww thanks for the kind words girls. Well I did the first day and actually it wasnt too bad - only made a few phonecalls - oh and I did a site visit which was nice and easy to get myself back into it. Nothing too taxing thank goodness. I had to set up my new PC and I couldnt believe how hard it was remembering how I have my desktop, fonts etc!!!!

It is a bit strange cos I got Wednesdays off (Sarah B - I will work for 4 days a week)

K - not sure about a sibling! I have to say I found it very hard to begin with but then I got used to my new life and I guess thats why I will find it hard to go back work. You were right - I didnt really do much and was just chatting to people. I only made about 6 phonecalls - but I couldnt beleive how tired I was when I got home! :shock:

Lol Lucy - yes I am always saying to DH that how lucky he is to actually get a lunchhour - he looks at me as if I am mad but it is true - you have to eat on the go when you got a little one! I will post some pics in a minute!....... Hope you getting on okay? - good with the meeting on Friday - dont forget to let us know how you get on.

Lauz - yes I was pleasently surprised - just mosed around really - no doubt that will be it tommorow they will have expected me to be all refreshed cos I have Wedensdays off! Mind you, been a good week to start back really - nice and short! lol

Heidi has a really bad cold so have docs this afternoon - so I will now go and post some recent pics for you all to see

Thanks again x

L x

Here she is!....

DSCF0069.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

aww it sounds like you had a good day then hun, I told you it wouldnt be as bad as you thought it would be. Heidi is gorgeous, from what I can remember she has changed so much!

Hi

oh it must of been so hard for you dont think i will be working any time soon maybe in a few years.
Heidi is gorgeous hun
Katrina

Heidi is beautiful, and Lauz is right, she has changed sooo much! :shock: Still as cute as ever tho! x

Thanks Lauz - was a short one though - was only there 3 days!!

Yeah - Heidi is getting so grown up now!

L x

Hi Lisa

Lovely pics, can't believe how much shes grown! She's got loads of hair now too and its a different colour!

Lucy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back