Back from docs and tests results

I pump after a feed and someone (sorry can't remember who) today recommended doing it first thing in the morning so I fed from one side, put Tyler to bed and drained the other full side from the night and topped it up through the morning with end of feeds. Got 3oz overall of which he only had 2.

Thanks hun.. Tried feeding her and she took the let down and was fussing after so I made her 5oz of formula an she took 3oz and refused the rest.. I'm sure I produce 3oz at least.. Gonna give the pump a go again later an see how much I an get (I know it won't be the same amount as bf but I'll try!)

A part of me is happy she only wanted 3oz.. Means I haven't been starving her!

Poor LilyAnna hope she gets better soon, there seems so much of that about.
With regard to pumping i struggled at first a lot as i didn't relax enough. I find going somewhere private and either on here or watching tv helps. It also takes a few mins before the let down happens, i never knew that before and expected it to just squirt out straight away. You need to make sure its on properly and together properly as well that was another of my mistakes! I normally express the other side when i express just after he has fed in the morning x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks babe.. Yeah it was hard the kids were downstairs and the pump was so loud :( such nosey kids I was afraid they'd come up (which they did :mad: ) and I couldn't shut the door or I wouldn't hear them.. So it put me off :( it takes lily about half a min to kick off the let down.. I'm borderline considering just ff now but I want to bf so much but it's so hard!! I'm gonna try my best and see if I can get my milk supply right up I don't care if I leak and have to go thru 50 pads a day lol!! Started on the fenugreek again was stupid to stop it I hate taking pills and they aren't exactly easy to swallow :( asked gp if there was anything I can take and he said no :( was gonna check out the bf support group on monday but lily has her jabs :( she hasn't got a temp so it should be ok for her to have them..

stress levels ATM don't help either :(

Could you try and get fenugreek into your diet in another form possibly :/?

There is def medication you can take, sure I've mentioned it somewhere on here before, forgotten the name though, wonder if some doctors are reluctant to give it? You should just do what feels right for you and maybe once she's better bf will be fine and she will gain weight. She might have been the same regardless of how you fed her, plenty of ff babies are slow to gain weight too. Ill try and remember that medication, i think it was normally prescribed for something else but had a side effect of boosting milk supply so has been used for that now too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Sorry hun, I don't have a paypal account but I'm happy to give you my bank account details and you can just transfer me the money. Pm me your address and I'll post them out to you and then let you know the cost of the postage xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Is there another way hunnie?

Yeah I remembered your posts Sarah.. He did look reluctant :( ******* lol!!
Yeah I thought that too as she only took 3oz from a 5oz formula.. But then my sister said her stomach may have shrunk coz I'm not giving her enough :( hope this bloody bronchiolitis f***s off soon poor bubba was up coughing all night :( she's still asleep now bless her!

Will do dw thanks again!!!

I'm glad you finally know what's wrong even if its not good new because at least now she can start getting better :)

I don't have any advice regarding the smear results but i really hope everythings ok hun

X

Just catching up on this, hope lilyanna gets well soon, you're really having a rough time at the mo. I hope you're next smear corrects itself :hugs:

I'm due one now (I used to have them 6 monthly then yearly due to cin1 a few years ago, had a colposcopy) I was due last March but was pregnant so due now. Didn't know bf could affect it but I suppose that make sense with all our hormones etc.

I got to cin3 so fast when I needed treatment I was so lucky to catch it when I did! Good old second opinions!! First doc told me all was ok :mad: good luck with your tests babe :hug:

Seems like my milk supply is running out :( has anyone tried lactaboost? Fenugreek doesn't seem to work for me :( she wants an extra 2oz after her feeds atm and pumping isn't doing anything at all :( barely getting an oz a session :( I'm desperate to get my supply up it's gonna devastate me if I have to give up! Even more so coz mil never wanted me to bf :(

Her development has come along amazingly she's finally holding her was up and playing with toys on her mat! Still loves to sleep tho :roll: I'm not gonna complain about that lol! Just need her to get over this bronchiolitis!!

When Jax was really poorly with bronchiolitis, he was only having 1 or 2oz of milk per feed xxx

Thanks babe.. Good to know its normal! She's had it for three weeks so far :( probably why her weight is dropping and my milk is reducing :(

Totally normal hun. I don't know if Jax dropped any weight as I hardly ever weigh him and he was a chunk on the 75th centile anyway so probably wouldn't have noticed a little bit of a drop. I noticed a drop in his feeds for about 4 days before he got admitted to hospital and then he was on antibiotics and oxygen and so then I noticed an improvement after about 24 hours x

Thanks babe.. What signs should I look out for to take her to a and e??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back