Babysitters - how much?

LucyBee

Reaction score
How much do you pay babysitters per hour???
I know it will vary depending on where we all live but I've got NO IDEA how much I should be paying! Don't want to pay too much or too little.
Lx

The girls I work with do baby sitting and they get about £5 an hour, with a bit extra if it goes over midnight. Dunno if thats standard, but they are generally qualified in childcare and work with kids everyday so they are good :D

I know it will vary depending on where we all live but I've got NO IDEA how much I should be paying! Don't want to pay too much or too little.
Lx

The girls I work with do baby sitting and they get about £5 an hour, with a bit extra if it goes over midnight. Dunno if thats standard, but they are generally qualified in childcare and work with kids everyday so they are good :D

Cheers Urchin :) We were looking to pay Nat's brother to babysit for us but had no idea roughly how much babysitters cost :) We'll just buy him a crate of beers, he'd be happy with that LOL

(Though obviously we wouldn't give him them til afterwards :shock: )

Lx

Cheers Urchin :) We were looking to pay Nat's brother to babysit for us but had no idea roughly how much babysitters cost :) We'll just buy him a crate of beers, he'd be happy with that LOL

(Though obviously we wouldn't give him them til afterwards :shock: )

I worked as a babysitter until a couple of months ago and charged about £5/£6 per hour - used to just accept a round number like £20 or £30 and not bother about working it out exactly.

Make sure you leave some biscuits out Lucy!

Valentine xxx

Brilliant! Thank you both so much!
£5 an hour plus some choccy digestives it is!
L xx

lol oh my gosh how old with the times am i? i just imagined you'd give the sitter 10/15 pounds for the evening! :| thats all i used to get and i was more than happy! ah how times do change! :rotfl:

i used to baby sit my neice and nephew and used to get about £3 for a whole evening - i quit at 15 cos my brother was a tight arse lmao.

So far my mum has baby sat for me and not charged, my neice (now sixteen!) and little sister (19) have both offered, but i think ill wait till Hannah is older. Dont feel confident enough to leave her with someone who isnt my or OHs mum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back