Baby's sleeping position?

Urchin

Reaction score
Hi all
As you should all know by now Brody is not sleeping well at all. He fidgets in the night and I'm starting to think it my be because he's trying to get onto his side.
Does anyone here let their baby sleep on their side and if so, do you wedge a blanket behind them to stop them rolling back or what?

Hope you can help me get a good nights sleep LOL

Sometimes Seren sleeps on her side, usually if she has fallen asleep next to me. I don't put anything behind her as I am scared that if she can't roll that way she will roll forward and she would be on her front, but I think you can position their arms so they won't roll forward.

Hi Urchin
Oscar only sleeps on his right side. I roll a terry nappy or small blanket and put it on either side (back and front). Oscar has been rolling onto his tummy for a few weeks now and that's why I'm wedging him in. Sometimes he rolls back onto his back, but prefers his right side since birth.
I've also taken a new approach tonight and I hope it works. I've put my T-shirt from last night, in his bed. I'm also putting a warm bean bag behind his back tonight (it's cold here at night - no central heating). The bag is only just warm - not hot.
He also had a nice long bath with me, massage, boobie for ages and then bed. It has to work - I'm on my knees!!
Good luck - you need a good night sleep!!!
Emilia xx

ruben slept on his side for the first few weeks, he favoured his right side too! i'd put him down on his back and within seconds he'd turned himself! then after a scary choking episode (he was sick and choked on it when he was on his back at about 2 weeks old) i started actually putting him down on his side as then if he was sick it would come out the side of his mouth. my MW asked if i knew of all the sleeping guidelines, and i made out that i put him down on his back as is recommended - didn't fancy a lecture!!! after a few weeks though he seemed to roll over onto his back more so now i put him down on his back. he still sometimes turn, and i let him. when i was a baby they used to put babies to sleep on their fronts - seems they change their minds about all these baby things all the time! lol

Aimee isn't sleeping very well at all at the minute but thats another story! I have noticed that everytime i go in her room she is trying to get on her side, like her way of getting her self off to sleep! she is ok once she is asleep but while she is going off she likes to lie on her side and rub her face on the sheet.

I have preparered the crib for tonight: a rolled up towel so he can sleep on his side and the nightie I wore last night over the matress.

Fingers crossed!

ewan slept on his slid right from birth, even if you but him back some how he would go on toi his side so i wouldn't worry

Braydon has started to like sleeping on his tummy
i always tried to stop him as i was worried etc but wen i told me HV she sed after there 5 weeks old they can look after themseves better so aslong as ur careful its ok
hope this helps

beanie said:
how did it go Urchin?

Really well!
I've already put it in the HELP! and the no sleep club thread so better not put it in here aswell :)

Urchin, I was meaning to ask you how Brody got on sleeping on his side? I realise he lsept well, but ldid he sleep on his side all night or did he move back onto his back? Just curious... :D
Emilia xx

Ky has preferred his side or belly from birth practically - Although we have never put him on his belly because of the cot death risk, he does get into that position by himself sometimes.
When he was very small I used to roll up a blanket and curl it along the length of his back to stop him rolling onto his bac as he never slept as peacefully on his back.

He is a very good sleeper and has slept through the night from 3 weeks (witha few exceptions) but he doesnt sleep as well if he is hot.

Hope you manage to crack it - Its all trial and error really as they are all soooo different!

emilia said:
Urchin, I was meaning to ask you how Brody got on sleeping on his side? I realise he lsept well, but ldid he sleep on his side all night or did he move back onto his back? Just curious... :D
Emilia xx

He stayed that way all night, and slept 6 1/2 hours straight! :dance:

I hope we both get another good sleep tonight!! I'm putting last nights t-shirt in his bed again.... might sound odd, but it's got milky stains and I think that's what they like about it.....
amazingly, he slept for 2.5 hours this afternoon!!! Sheer bliss.
Good luck
Emilia xx

Not been on for a few days and still catching up with everything but well done Brody!! bet you had the best nights sleep of your life Urchin!!

Damien often sleeps on his side, sort of in the recovery position (as much as it's possible with a baby!). he then turns onto his back when he is ready to. I have layed his on both sides, his back and his front and has always been fine (although when he is on his front bogeys come out his nose easier - yuk :doh: )

Hope things are still going well, haven't read the no sleep club thread yet so i'm sure I will find out soon enough!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back