Baby toys

First Baby White

Reaction score
I have asked this before I am sure but Harry is older now so what toys should I have for him. He has a playmat and vibrating chair plus mobiles for his cot but what else should I be doing with him. Also how long should he be in his vibrating chair or on his playmat?

Playmats can last a while coz of rolling over. I've just been given one and Angel's 5 months. She has had the play gyms since 2 months old, one plastic which was £10, and one bendy one which was bought off ebay. She also has an inflatable ring.
Get yourself down to car boots! It's baby heaven down there and can save yourself a fortune! That's where most of our toys come from, and she doesn't know any different.

To be honest at that young age YOU are still the best toy for your LO. As long as you spend time singing, doing nursery rhymes & songs with actions, pulling faces, blowing raspberrys, playing peekaboo behind a muslin cloth etc. etc. you will keep your LO amused.

Oliver just had a few soft toys at that age. A few musical things too. Rattles.

I made some toys too - empty water bottle filled with buttons/rice/dried pasta - to create rattles. He loves chewing a shower scrunchie (!). wooden spoon. ribbon dangled over his face.

I think you should only leave him in the bouncy chait for 30mins at a time.

Its when they get a bit more aware &/or mobile and start to be able to co-ordinate and grab things that you need to invest in a more toys.

I agree with Lisa - car boots, charity shops & EBay for 2nd hand toys keeps costs down - as long as you can wipe them over with a steriliser (I personally wouldn't get soft 2nd hand toys).

I'm just starting to think about Christmas & am already bidding on things on EBay :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back