Baby sleeping bags/growbags in July???

chrest

Reaction score
I am due my 1st baby in July and everyone I speak to recommends getting growbags for baby to sleep in.

All the ones I've looked at are 2.5tog, I assumed there would be 1tog ones but I cant find any.

My concern is will in be too hot in July to use growbags? And if not, how many other blankets would you suggest?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I am clueless!!! :)

Logan was born in July 08 and we used grow bags, for the first few weeks we swaddled, cs he preferred that, but i cn't swaddle for toffee so he kept coming out.

there are 1 tog bags, but you might struggle to find them in shops at theis time of year. Ebay might have some though.

Sandi

Hi hon,

:shhh: Don't tell anyone but I've been refering to the Mothercare Spring and summer guide (free instore) and it explains what tog to use with what room temperature etc. :shhh: Mothercare do have 1 tog sleeping bags as I bought one the other day but like Sandi says more will probably come out nearer the summer.

My bean is due 22nd June (so quite close) and I plan on sleeping bags but again like Sandi says I guess if he/she don't like it I'll have to rethink. But basically providing the room is about 18degrees then I will using the one tog ones. Our little house get's hot very quickly so I'm going to get a room temperature and then decide as they days come round - lord know what kind of summer we'll have this year (if any!) :D

Tesco do 1 tog sleeping bags! they are about 10 quid thats what we use, we also have a mothercare 1 tog which was about 19 quid, macey was born end of august and has been in a 1 tog from when she got home, our bedroom is always around 21c so she just has a sleepsuit under it

Thanks ladies, at least I know they do do 1tog ones now.

Think I'll be off to TK Maxx tomorrow then cos I love a bargain!! Had a quick look on Mothercare website and was thinking they are very expensive, so I think I'll be making a trip to Tesco's too to have a look!

mothercare catalogue recommends

1 tog bag with:
short sleeved bodysuit or vest if room is 21-23c
long sleeved bodycuit/sleepsuit or lightweight pyjama if room is 19-21c
if room is under 19c a 1tog bag is not suitable

2.5 tog bag with
long or short sleeved body suit if room is 19-21c
long sleeved body suit/sleepsuit or lightweight pyjama if room is 15-19c
if room is over 21c a 2.5 tog bag is not suitable

chrest said:
Thanks ladies, at least I know they do do 1tog ones now.

Think I'll be off to TK Maxx tomorrow then cos I love a bargain!! Had a quick look on Mothercare website and was thinking they are very expensive, so I think I'll be making a trip to Tesco's too to have a look!

I was there today, they only had 1.0tog bags so got some for summer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back