baby rice

I started a few weeks ago, but I didnt give rice for very long. After a few days I started giving Daniel purees mixed with milk about half to half. :hug: Ive read, that if baby is constipated, it is recomended do go straight on fruit purees. :shock:

Good luck with the weaning, hun! :hug:

I give baby rice or puree at 5pm feed and this seems to make Maddison continue to sleep through night (although not at mo due to teething :( )

Started on baby rice with Ryan just before 4 months as a suggestion by the Health Visitors - he's breastfed and was still waking every couple of hours and I was just getting resentful and fed up and ready to give up breastfeeding. So... I have been giving one bottle at night (6pm) after a breastfeed (he'll still have an extra 9oz or so :shock:) and I give him a baby rice session about 3 or 4pm. I was doing baby rice at lunchtime (mid day ish) but the later in the afternoon I do it, the earlier he goes down to sleep, and for longer. My mum said if he likes the spoon (which he does, he tries to feed himself) then to use 2 spoons for the baby rice so you aren't battling for the spoon back. So I let him keep the one spoon and then when he sees the next one coming he drops it in excitement for the next spoon, so then I pick up the last spoon and let him keep the other one etc etc.

He wasn't fond on plain baby rice either so I've been giving him the fruity breakfast cow and gate one and it's gone down a lot better. Probably going to carry on on baby rice (probably up it to twice a day) until 6 months or so and then start on purees. I tried a bit of "exotic fruits" baby food with him and he didn't seem to like it :|

At the moment he has 3 heaped teaspoons of rice, which is 3 servings? He has that quite happily and sometimes wants more. So hungry.. LOL.

I gave babyrice at 4 months and she wasnt keen on the the plain stuff but kept persisting and then started giving her jarred food as well.

Now shs has fruity baby rice, sunshine banana and all sorts for breaskast now mixed with formula and loves it.

mrs_tommo22 said:
I gave babyrice at 4 months and she wasnt keen on the the plain stuff but kept persisting and then started giving her jarred food as well.

Now shs has fruity baby rice, sunshine banana and all sorts for breaskast now mixed with formula and loves it.

Maddison loves Sunshine Banana too :wink: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back