Baby Movement

ChrissieCool

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to be 28 weeks tomorrow and my little one isn't moving any where near as much as he used to over the last couple of days, I did get hubby to get my doppler out last night so we could check and he gave a big kick and booted it off and his heartbeat sounded strong but I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed their baby slow down around this time? I do feel him but no where near as much over the last couple of days?

Last edited:
Monday and yesterday little missy was very quiet but then today she has just gone mad. The space they have is gradually getting too small for them so they are more likely to be curled up in the fetal position so i guess if they have their back to your belly then you may not feel the kicks and punches x x

Mine seems to have quiet days and active days. The first time she was really quiet i got the doppler out to listen and i couldn't even find the heartbeat, however she obviously objected to the intrusion because she kicked it off!

They recon that if you are worried, have a long cold drink and/or a sugary snack, and go lie on your side, somewhere quiet so you can concentrate. Sometimes the movements are small enough that they're there if you concentrate but you miss them if you've got a lot going on around you. If you're really worried, give you midwife a call

As M2A said, I think the movements will slow down as babies running out of room in there.

Mine always seems to move after food or a cold/hot drink. Or especially something sweet!!

I had a crunchie the other day and was getting the biggest kicks ever... Also a glass of cold milk this morning got some big kicks.... Allot of the time there is not much movement and its only when I am quiet and settled that I get allot of movement....

Thanks girls, that makes me feel better, I'm still feeling him so not too worried and he has been having a lot of hiccups after I posted on here lol plus I have an appointment with the MW tomorrow anyway so will ask her too, thanks all xxxx

I think you should definitely try the chocolate thing (its a great excuse for something naughty!!LOL).

Chookette - I REALLY fancy a Crunchie now. Might have to buy one after work!!

Ice cream works really well for my LO :). You should still feel movements though hun even though they are running out of room, it just may not be the big kicks you used to feel because of reduced space. Like other girls said try lying on your side too, I find if I lie on my side I feel baba wriggling about alot, can be distracting when trying to sleep though hehe xx

Im 28 weeks on friday and Ive noticed my babys movements have reduced a lot! So I went to triage at my local hospital just to get her checked over and she was aboslutely fine, Im reassured now but i still get little feelings that something could be wrong, but ive got another scan friday so they might be able to tell me more about it... Probs didnt help but I'm in the same boat :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back