Baby Model

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone on here has a child who does modeling?
i sent Theos pics off to a company called Baby Shak. (has anyone heard of them)???
they said that they have accepting Theo, and have a place for him in their limited company...

i am more then willing to let him do it, if it gives him money to go in a saving account for when he is older, and he loves attention and does not mind other peoplel then i am all for it

they have asked for a one off fee of £90 whihc covers them finding work ect ect.
and have asked for 6 snap shots of him to use to show their clients

is this all normal????????

how much does your child get payed?

any help on the topic, would be great, thank you

I dont know anything about modelling

But am i right in thinking no agencies ask for money upfront and take a percentage out of what the baby shoot or whatever earns them?

I don't think you should have to pay anything upfront with any modeling agency I think thats one of the main things people get told is if they are genuine then you shouldn't have to pay for anything not even a portfolio. I could be very wrong though. :hug: Well done to your LO getting accepted though! :D Bet hes a cutie!

i wouldnt pay an agency fee either. They should be paying YOU!!!

all child modeling companies ive delt with through photography do ask for an upfront payment. its like having a subscription. £90 sounds pretty reasonable to me. some can go up tp £500

the child modelling industry operates differently to the adult industry and many of the top kids agencies ask for a registration fee.

there are a couple of agencies which don't, having said that, so you might prefer to try them?

i have enquired for porscia to join an agency.. they to want£90 this is to pay for a photo shoot for her portfolio...and they also take 20% of whatever porscia makes

The fee is normal, although not all agencies charge it. The thing is, it is no guarantee that they will find work for him. Agencies keep as many people on their books as they can, so that when a shoot comes up they have a lot of options. Usually they will be asked to fit specific profile: we need ten kids between one and two, all blonde blue eyes, for instance. They dont necessarily push the kids, just put them forward. They have no vested interest, as long as their models are chosen.
I personally would stay clear of it, model children spend long hours at casting sessions. it is sometimes quite gruelling

Lisa

Pay to have a portflio done but not to join the agency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back