Baby Luci born 14/9/08 9lb 1oz :)

angiemum2b

Reaction score
well ladies im sorry i haven't posted this earlier still adjusting to life with 2 beautiful children.!!!

Well here's my story:

14th september - induction
well i was so nervous about it but i knew i wanted my little baby to be here so it was the only way, so i rang the ward i was meant to be going to as i had to make sure they had a bed for me, so i rang at 10am and they said to go in when im ready.

So i got up and dressed after having tea and toast in bed, and off we set for the hospital.
arrived at the hosptial around 11 ish and had to be put on a trace for 30 mins before they put the 1st gel in, to which all was fine.
so 11.50am i had the 1st gel and then went for a walk around the hospital and found the restaurant for dinner.

We had some dinner then another slow walk around the grounds then headed back up to the ward as i had some small pains, nothing major.
got back on the ward at 2.50 and all of a sudden the pains were coming thick and fast, my OH went and got the midwife who wanted to examine me, she did the internal which hurt like mad and said i was 4 cm, so off i went to the delivery suite down stairs.

Got down to delivery suite and they immediately give me Gas & air which i loved!!!!! :lol:
They monitored me from 3.30 until 7.30pm where then it got scary, they did another internal to see how far dilated i was.

Midwife started the internal and said i was still only 4cm and asked to break my waters to which i said yes if it was going to get baby out as i was so tired.
so midwife broke my waters and it was like a river i couldn't believe how much water there was, but no sooner did they break my waters did Luci's heartrate drop to below 100, i heard a alarm bell ringing then and about 10 doctors run into the room saying baby was in distress and to calm down.- understatement of the centry.

then i had a canula in my hand and surgeons running round the room, then i started to shout im pushing, they all started to shout DONT PUSH but all i could think of was pushing the urge was immense!
the doctors was saying dont push your only 4cm but i was shouting she's coming, but all the time i was pushing her heartrate was dropping more, and the last time i pushed her heart went to 80 and they was prepping the theatre for me, but as a last resort they wanted to put an electrolode on her head to measure her heartrate and pulse, but no sooner did the midwife put the finger in she satred to shout there's no time baby's head in here!!!
Id gone from 4cm-10 in 20mins, so everyone started running round putting gloves andaprons on, and shouted Angela push with all your might!

so once i started to push it was 8.10pm and at 8.14 my baby girl was born.
I was so relieved and happy, she was put straight onto my chest and was crying i just went to pieces it was all finally over!!! she was here.
so my luci was born 14/9/08 at 8.14pm weighing 9lb 1oz.

im so in love with my new little family i could burst!
sleep deprived but so happy.

i'll try and post a few piccie's now hoping it works.

mummys 1st cuddle.

Congrats!
Sounds like it must have been a bit scary at one point but Im sure you are just so pleased to have your LO

Congratulations :cheer:

Gosh that must have been scary, well done tho.

Oh wow, Ive been on holiday and I was so looking forward to coming on here to see that little Luci had arrived - congratulations :D :D

Congratulations :cheer: Wow what a quick dilation from 4 to 10 cm :D

I was looking in this section just for you hun.... congrats!!! And a girl!!!! YIPEE!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back