• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby keepsake box?

Jade89

Reaction score
What to keep in them?

I have things like...

Ankle band from hospital,
Cot card thingy,
cord clip,
first bottle (the hospital disposable ones),
Her bangle box (her bangle too when she grows out of it),
Half birth certificate,
Baby's 1st xmas baby grow,
The first dress she wore for hospital pics,
I'm gonna do hand and foot prints,
The tape measure she was measured with in hospital,
Gonna get a newborn nappy if i can find one without having to buy a pack lol...forgot to save one when she was born,
her first bootee things,
a gone down it's a girl baloon lol,
it's a girl teddy...

for when she's older im going to put in a first tooth and curl etc...

Anything I have missed?

The box is a big round thing, a me to you box what her grandad bought her all in 1 snow suit in.

I write Thea letters and put them in her baby box. I talk about what she is doing, how she is growing etc as well as all my dreams for her future.

I've just got bigger boxes for my older ones. They now have school reports, old school books, reports and paintings in there. We must have spent a day looking through their baby boxes - they thought I was really sad for keeping their stuff, but they still sat with me looking through it all

I am writing a book with pics etc in so when Leorah is older I can read it to her and I wont forget stuff. I have so much for her box as all her clothes seem special and I want to keep them all :lol: I already look at her baby grows for a tiny baby and can't believe they were too big for her!

You could also put in stuff from before she was born like scan pics. I had a teddy made for her that has a birth certificate that we got the day we found out she's a girl and I've put that in there. Also cards from friends and family from the birth :)

that is a lovely idea to write things down as precious things are so easily forgotten. :dance:

I love the idea of writing thinsg down too as I'm sure with sleepless nights and things it will be easy to forget.

I've decided to keep a scrap book with notes and things of our first 7 months together until I go back to work. It's going to be such a special time I want both of us to have a keepsake. :)

Daddy will be the main carer then so I'd like him to do something similar.

I kept and still do keep everything from the day I had Haylea...plus scan pics etc. When she was born I wrote a daily journal of everything we did, took pics etc. I managed to keep it going until about 2 years ago when we moved back to England...unfortunately now her not so little book keepsake box is in Spain, we will be returning to get it during the summer....I think its lovely to keep things for them to look at when they are older as they never remember any of their times as babies. Unfortunately I havent' had the time to do one for Ashlea but I have a keepsake box and one of those baby record books which I keep updated.

I love the idea of writing letters!

I have kept a journal of my pregnancy and birth etc.. but to be honest I have had such a rough time of it it all seems to be quite negative! So I will now go and write some letters to Logan that are all positive so that he knows how special he is to me.....

Thanx girls!!

i dont know if others have done this but emmas first few weeks i wrote a section on here in the prem section so i will print that off and all the congrats i got on here this will be good if you havent been writting a journal or anything and cant remember little things

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back