• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby eczema

AugustMum

Reaction score
Ok so I figured Paige had cradle cap as her skin was dry around her hairline at the front, but over the past few days Im starting to think its eczema.

From the bottom of her ear (and on her ear lobe) along her hairline to the other ear she has dry flakey skin with a scaley texture and in the evening the left side of her head will go red, as if its really warm, but its not warm, just red.

Now I kinda figured she'd get some kind of skin thing as I have psoriasis and eczema and her dad has eczema as well as my mum, but hoped it wouldnt be this soon. :( It doesnt seem to be bothering her but I want to try clear it up before it gets itchy for her. Anyone got any experience and recommend anything?

i think youre probably right, just asked my mum and apparently i had it from 3 weeks old, and docs just gave her some cream for me. x

Take her to the docs, they'll probably prescribe you oilatum to put in the bath and some cream x

Lacey had it behind her's ears! I found just taking more time to dry there after her baths helped clear it up!

Hey Melio, Lucy has the exact same thing - including the redness on the cheeks. HV said its very common in newborns and nothing to worry about. I have been rubbing E45 cream on it three timesa day and that has really helped xx

I would steer clear of many baby baths and toiletries to be sure it's not them agravating
my daughter couldn't have any johnsons stuff, or baby oils etc , and so stuck with sensitive bath stuff only.
You can get aqueous cream in big tubs from boots etc and you are supposed to use that as the soap too

Grace had very dry skin as a baby, she did have cradle cap too - used cradle cap shampoo and it cleare that up. The doc prescribed Aqueous cream at first for Grace but I didnt rate it, he move her onto Oilatum cream, bath and shampoo and she was much better. She has lovely skin now and I don't need to use it regularly if at all. It was very itchy and actually didn't look like ezcema and she never had it in creases. Sounds like it is very common, I found she was worst from about 8 months and then she just grew out of it. Although sayin that she has dry skin on her face at the mo, never had this before, so must take her to see doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back