• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

baby development

paulaws

Reaction score
HI everyone,
Please help me. I am a bit worried about Euans eyes. He doesn't seem to be following objects and I have a feeling he should be by now.
Common sense tells me that he may just not have reached that stge yet bit I can't help worrying. Also he doesn't seem to respond when sounds near him are made i.e he doesn't respond by moving his head or anything.
I just wondered if you could share when your little one started doing these things -perhaps I am expectiong too much too soon.
I thought I might take him to the doctors but don't want to seem like an over anxious mum.
Sorry I forgot to say he is 6 weeks on Monday.

Oh poor you, you must be worried sick! :hug:

If it's any comfort I remember being worried that Stanley wouldn't follow objects with his eyes or react to much (about the same age) and was nervous about his appointment.

It turns out he just doesn't do anything he doesn't want to and performed perfectly for the HV! :lol:

Best of luck and please keep us informed xxx

Oh hun,

You must be so worried! Any improvement yet?

You must not worry bout wot people think of you for asking silly questions, you are Euan's mummy and he relies on you. Imagine how you would feel if something is wrong and you don't say anything! Besides you shouldnt be laughed at for being concerned!

I don't think my LO was reacting too much to things around him at 6 weeks

keep us posted

x x x

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/development/

Have a look at this link. I wouldn't worry too much as I have read a few things which say by about 2 months your baby should be following objects with their eyes and by 3 months actually turning their head when they hear your voice for example. I don't think Jake started folloing objects until about 2 months and he just used to jump a little bit if there was a loud noise not turn his head until he was around 2 1/2 - 3 months old (can't remember exactly). It might be worth mentioning it to your HV if you are worried but just remember that all baby'd develop at different speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back