Baby Carriers

zedandbee

Reaction score
Hi ladies :wave:

I am thinking of getting a baby carrier for when bubs arrives but have no idea on which ones are best for baby, most comfortable etc. If anyone has any recommendations or which ones to avoid I would really appreciate it. Thanks :D :D :D

xx

i've got 4 carriers now and actually use them all, lol.

the first one i used was my baby bjorn, when connor was tiny; he hated being in the cradle hold in the ring sling and loved snuggling up to my boobs in the baby bjorn. its an easy carrier to put on, and my OH is happy wearing it 'cos it doesn't look hippy' :lol: :lol: however, if i hadn't been given this by a friend, i'd have probably bought a mai tei.

i've got a stretchy wrap which is lovely for evenings when we're out - connor can face in or out and, again, loves being held close.

i've started using the ring sling for hip carries now connor is bigger - great for around the house when he's being clingy or for short walks out. it's ridiculousy easy to use.

and i've just bought a friend's babyhawk from here and have started back carrying, which i absolutely love :cheer: :cheer:

We used a Baby Bjorn Active carrier and was very happy with it (until LO got too heavy!). Very snug and secure.

We use a Beco Butterfly. It's brilliant - I've been through a few different slings (a Kari Me and a Bush Baby Cacoon) and this is definately the best. It will also last the longest as it comes with an infant insert so it can be used when they are tiny. Once they are bigger you can wear them on your front or back. The only downside is that it would be tricky to BF in it.

If you are thinking of getting a bjorn type carrier you'd be better with something like a Connecta or a pikkolo. The bjorn will do until baby is a certain weight and then it will hurt your shoulders and back. I borrowed a friends yesterday (just to try because I'm nosy :) ) and it hurt on my shoulders straight away. DD is 5 months and around 16lbs. With a connecta or pikkolo you would be able to use the carrier until your child is a toddler and it is far more supportive.

I had (have, I'm trying to sell them just now) both of these but although I'll keep 2 of my 3 connectas for muddy outings I much prefer wrapping my baby. Woven wraps are more supportive though stretchy wraps can be more snuggly to begin with but can only be used up to maybe 20lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back