Babies and cats

I've got 2 cats. I was very concerned about how they'd be when Aimee arrived. Whenever my friends 3 year old came over they'd be offski! Same when my other friend brought her baby over. It didn't help that Tobey was peeing on the leather couch once a day. Turns out a dog had pee'd on the couch before we moved in (we live in a furnished rent) and he was peeing to cover up the smell. We had to buy a new couch and he has stopped it.

When I had Aimee they were a bit wary of her, well Tobey was. Oscar didn't bother. But Tobey just looks at her and walks off. I don't let the cats out the living room so they can't get to the moses basket.

gerb said:
i probably sound crazy from that discription! but i guess we are lucky in that the cats can have their own area and it allows us to have our areas too :)

Not crazy at all! We have 7 cats as well :D

They have their own bedroom too where they sleep at night and all their food and tray is :lol: They are used to this now so when we do have a baby I will use the same rules as you. I would never give up my cats as they are my babies as well and i think some of the stories people put out there are a load of rubbish :evil: !!

Pay no attention to them, as long as you are sensible things will be fine.

You cant give up cats!! They are family!! lol.

Every baby needs a bit of cat fur up their nose etc. Helps against allergies and infections later in life. We all know babies/toddlers need to eat dirt!!

My mum has my cat, and two of her own, (when I got my kitten, I was still living at home, 3 years ago) and when I moved out I was not aloud to take the cat, because mum had become attached!! Bless. When we go to visit, you can guarantee there will be a cat in his rocking chair... needs hovering out before he can go in it. Apart from that the cats have never bothered with Corey. Avoid him really.. not interested. However, if his moses basket is left the right way up, they are all fighting over who gets to sleep in there - again means that everythign needs to be washed out - urgh!!

My cat, Magda, has been fine. I think she has decided to pretend that the whole baby thing isn't happening. :lol: She had a quick sniff on the day Olivia was born and if she is crying then Magda will be out of there with a look of disgust! She totally ignores Olivia and all of her stuff. I keep her out of the bedroom at them moment because of cat hair but I will probably become less fussy as Livvy gets older.

Hello :wave:

Just wanted to ask where you ladies get these 'cat nets' (or whatever they are :oops: ) from?

We have 2 cats...well a 6month kitten and a 14month who still has very kitteny moments :roll: :lol: and they are house cats so we like to give them as much of a run of the house as possible. However I haven't been letting them in any upstairs rooms recently due to the furr getting everywhere and I'm going to have to shut them out of the front room when baby arrives if I'm taking a nap etc and wont be able to make sure they don't get in the moses basket :wall:
It's not that I think they'll smother the baby or anything - but it really wont go down well with hubby if there is cat fur in the babies bedding :shock: and to be honest they sometimes take their time washing their feet after going in the litter tray and I definately don't want cat litter powder and particles in the bedding :shakehead: :puke:
They're the kind of cats that would go in an empty basket as well :lol: carrier bags, boxes, handbags....you name it they try and sit in it! And they love trying to sit on any fleece blankets I use even though they have their own!!

I'm thinking that if I can source these cat nets then I can let them pretty much free roam our bedroom and the front room still but will be able to control the 'contamination' and then the only rooms they really need to be kept out of are bathroom and nursery :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back