• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Attention all NTL/Virgin Media customers!

glitzyglamgirl

Reaction score
Sky one has been removed from these guys, according to sky its VM's fault (if youve seen the ads) but ive just called VM and they say its because sky wanted to charge them extortionate amounts to retain it hence they would have to pass the charge down to the customer, and they are in talks with the USA channels who broadcast the most popular sky programmes such as NBC etc to get rights to show the programmes on thier own channel.

As a good will gesture, they offered me the TV package we have with them for free so from now on we will only pay for the phone and broadband, and to be honest I can download lost so im not too bothered about losing sky one!

So, if you can live with it, call them and complain anyway and get your TV package for free!

Sky 1 is working on mine... hope i dont lose it :evil:

Im going over to sky for telly if i do

coor! we had sky installed today.

our telewest kept freezing on us, but they coundn't say why.

well done though! free tv :dance: :cheer:

tangerinedream said:
Sky 1 is working on mine... hope i dont lose it :evil:

Im going over to sky for telly if i do

Hi, its meant to go off on March 1st, tommorow......... time will tell.

I was with Sky, changed to Virgin 2 weeks ago and phoned earlier this week for them to unistall it all, it was awful in our area.

The box froze, picture pixellated and the remote took ages to work, nightmare!

Have sky back already! :lol:

BustyJo said:
The box froze, picture pixellated and the remote took ages to work, nightmare!
quote]

thats what ours did! we kept phoning and was always being told it was the batteries in teh remote. So we changed them, got the same problems again. was told it must be a dodgey pack of batteries, but they would send a new remote out. took 2 months to get it, and it was still doing it. by this point virgin was running the show, so we switched to sky!

Plus sky is cheaper for us!

They tried to say batteries to us too but the box was flashing a light to show it was receiving the signal so i told them they were talking rubbish! :lol:

we used to get loads of problems with our broadband as well - OH used to call for help, and would end up helping them :x

still, all they have to do now is pick up their box, and i don't have to deal with them again!! :cheer:

GGG what did you say to them?
My hubby just phoned them up to ask what was going on and if the tv packages would be reduced in price due to the fact that we are losing channels, they said that nothing is being done about it.
I think its ridiciculous, they have just put the pricing up but are taking away major channels, they try to compensate for this by saying they have that virgin central thing, but that is a load of crap! It has 5 year old episodes of things like alias and nip/tuck and thats it! Shows like that get repeated on loads of other channels so this 'new amazing' virgin central is certainly no match to sky one where you get new episodes of Lost, the simpsons etc.
**Rant over** :moon:

I just said that I felt cheated as we had left sky due to bad customer service and now I was potentially being forced back to a company I never wanted to deal with again, he was pretty quick to offer the incentive to stay!

We have never had any problems with the ntl service, on demand menu will freeze now and again but we had such a nightmare with sky its a small price to pay lol

I have no choice but to stay with sky as we dont get cable here in the sticks of Aberdeen!!! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back