Arrrrrgghhhhhh I HATE sales phone calls!

SarahH

Reaction score
Honestly everyday (and sometime late at night!) for the last 2-3mths we have had calls from this stupid company saying

"Hello Mrs Sarah, I beleive you are interested in a loan"

Well for starts, my surname isnt sarah you stupid person claiming to be called Jayne from London even tho the call comes up as International on the caller ID and I can bearly understand what you are saying!

And secondly, no I dont want a loan!

I just had them call again :x I wish it came up with an actual number on the caller ID and I would ignore it but I have to answer international calls incase it is Brian calling from the rig or the inlaws in the states or my SIL in Oz.

I was a bit cheeky to the poor woman that just called and pretended I was interest but in a rush and asked for a number to call them back when I was free..... once I got it I told her to tell her manager that if I get another call from the company I will be reporting them to the police for harrasment now that I have contact details......

needless to say she hung up!

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

Follow this link and after about 6 - 12 months you'll find that you'll hardly get any calls.

We NEVER get any sales calls and if we get the rare one once a year I say they shouldn't be ringing me as we registered with the TPS and they are very apologetic and promise to take us off their list.

We get phone calls at 8.45pm most nights. I never answer but it's ridiculous. I don't have caller display so if it's an emergency i just hope i get called on my mobile. I remember telling someone off for calling at 9pm. They never called back! Next time i'll tell em again! Just pees me off!

Hazel said:
http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

Follow this link and after about 6 - 12 months you'll find that you'll hardly get any calls.

We NEVER get any sales calls and if we get the rare one once a year I say they shouldn't be ringing me as we registered with the TPS and they are very apologetic and promise to take us off their list.

We are registered on it and have been for the 6yrs we have been here and I re-register on it every year!

I have just registered cause keep getting automated phone calls saying that i have one a holiday or about debt company and to press 9. Not on your nelly am i pressing 9.

We get them at work as well, for some reason our work line is registered as a residential line, go figure!

i just leave them on in the back ground, wasting their money.
And it means i dont get any other unwanted calls from annoying customers :rotfl: :rotfl:

SarahH said:
I was a bit cheeky to the poor woman that just called and pretended I was interest but in a rush and asked for a number to call them back when I was free..... once I got it I told her to tell her manager that if I get another call from the company I will be reporting them to the police for harrasment now that I have contact details......

needless to say she hung up!

Thats not cheeky thats a great way to deal with them :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

someone phoned my uncle up trying to sell him a mobile phone with all these great deals and everything... he let them carry on and then he said "are you taking the p!ss out of me, i have no fingers so how do you expect me to use a mobile" :lol:

(he's joking of course!)

then my mum got a phone call selling windows and doors.
she said to them, "we don't have any windows or doors, we live in a tent"
and the woman said, how have you got a phone line if you're living in a tent?
and my mum said, "because i'm magic"
the saleswoman put the phone down :rotfl: :rotfl:

When I was still working we used to get those people calling to sell the "water at work" dispenser things.....

I used to reply "no thanks, we just drink vodka here" followed by a silly laugh!

Does anyone get any text messages to their mobiles from what I'm assuming are chat lines??

My DH gets them, I've told him to stop ringing the sex lines then he wouldn't get them :rotfl: . I don't get them so I can only assume this is why he gets these texts :think: .

Anyone know how to stop them???

Ive just registered, ages ago i applied for a loan and now i have countless people phoning up trying to get me too sign up for a credit plan blah blah, pisses me off as i get quite a lot of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back