argh noo

That sounds perfect weight gain. You must remember you're not fat you're pregnant. I went through a few months of looking fat rather than pregnant, I used to say I was gonna get a t-shirt printed saying I'm not fat I'm pregnant on it! You'll wake up one day and your bump will be there I promise. Talk to your MW and she will give you some advice, the most important thing is you eat healthy for your baby and you can get yourself back into shape afterwards which wont take long honestly :hug:

That weight gain sounds bang on to me hun - i have to admit i love getting bigger during pregnancy, just try and relax with it and think of the end result. I think we all get too absessed with our weight and after having my son i went on a silly diet and was as slim as i was when i was 13 - not healthy! I just embrace it now and know eating healthly and exercise is the best way to stay fit. I can even laugh off my OH's hippo comments and love the way i look. Hope your feeling better soon - stay positive xxx

Aww hope you feel better soon. Last time I checked our bumps were going at about the same rate (imjust a week or so ahead) and I just felt tubby for ages, and even got to a point where i wore baggy clothes cause i didnt want people thinking i was just pigging out!

Today though i feel like i actually have a bump! Think I might even shove a pic in the bump picture section. First time Ive felt quite proud of it lol! Youll develope a beautiful bump soon and love it! and 1.5 stone sounds fine. I think its probably what Ive gained I think. But im trying not to weigh myself lol.

I'm not even gonna look cos i don't want to know or stress lol

OMG I spent hours looking and never found this! Im rubbish!! I dont quite understand how your pre-pregnancy weight would affect your weight gain in the waytheyve broken it down. Surely if your BMI is 13 or 30 before you got pregnant your uterus, placenta etc... would stilll be the same weight, and you'd still gain the same breast tissue and blood etc. The only difference i could think of is if you're underweight youre supposed to lay down more fat? Oh I dont get this at all!!! I think it would be useful to have guidelines by dates, even if its just by end of first second and third trimester cos how on earth do you know if you're gaining weight too fast or slow, yet I got told not to gain too much weight too quickly cos Ill be at risk of...I cant remember, lots of bad things, sooooo WTF?

I haven't weighed myself, I'm too scared lol! Truthfully, I'm not that bothered by how much weight I gain. I'll soon burn it off breast feeding and running round after a little one!

BFding sure does use up the calories, trick is to lay off the kebabs! :)

Yeah Tiny I guess its that your body holds onto more fat if you were underwight, almost in a panic type way, to make sure the baby is catered for. maybe?! lol

Well I think that calculater thing is a bit of a load of balls to be honest! It said i should put on up to 2st 7lb but last time i put on over 4 stone. I didnt eat stupidly or anything and lost all the weight within a few months without even trying. As long as youre sensible with your eating your body just does what it needs to do! whether you put on 1 stone or 5 stone its what your body and baby needs. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back